100 movies to see before you die

Started by Valmy, March 24, 2009, 08:20:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

The Nickname Who Was Thursday

The Erstwhile Eddie Teach

Savonarola

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on March 24, 2009, 08:56:02 AM
Metropolis and Things to Come should have been on there with the other Fritz Lang movies.

Things to Come wasn't a Fritz Lang Movie; William Menzies was the director.  HG Wells told everyone how much he hated Metropolis and told the director and actors to do everything the opposite of Lang in Things to Come.

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Savonarola

I've seen 83 of the movies on the list.  :)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Savonarola

Quote from: katmai on March 24, 2009, 04:25:02 PM
Beaten by Sav and JR <_<

I only scored so high because there are, in the words of Grey Fox, "Way too many pre-1980 movies" on the list.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

I've seen 14 of them in their entirety (though one of them was dubbed in Russian).  I better not die any time soon.

dps

Only 41.   And I probably ought to see some of those again--I haven't seen some of them in more than 30 years, and even some of the ones made since then, I haven't seen since they first came out (f.e., Blue Velvet--hard to believe that it's been 23 years since it was released).

Neil

53.  I'm not much of a fan of a lot of older cinema.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Cerr

katmai

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 24, 2009, 04:36:45 PM
Quote from: katmai on March 24, 2009, 04:25:02 PM
Beaten by Sav and JR <_<

Thanks for the recognition Paco.  :mad:

I've seen most of them but the Foreign ones isn't a number!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Habsburg

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.