News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

100 movies to see before you die

Started by Valmy, March 24, 2009, 08:20:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monoriu

DisturbedPervert

27.  Haven't seen most of the ones that are older than I am.

Ed Anger

Seen about all of them, except for a few foreign ones listed. Bicycle thief? Fuck that shit.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Pedrito

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 24, 2009, 10:20:51 AM
Seen about all of them, except for a few foreign ones listed. Bicycle thief? Fuck that shit.

:cry: Now i'll take my moped and go to tell my momma you diss italian cinema!

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Ed Anger

Quote from: Pedrito on March 24, 2009, 10:32:44 AM

L.

Damn Vespa drivers. Worse than bicycle riders.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Richard Hakluyt

They are nearly all foreign movies, hardly a British one on the list  :bowler:

66 btw

ps. our smilies are coming back  :w00t:

Pedrito

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 24, 2009, 10:36:46 AM

Tomorrow I'll post a  pic of my Vespa  :smarty:

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

FunkMonk

Seen 62 of those, though the number goes up if I add the movies in my library that are on my list to watch. Probably to about 70.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 24, 2009, 10:36:46 AM
Quote from: Pedrito on March 24, 2009, 10:32:44 AM

L.

Cept those Vespa Anti-tank scooters they had in the Cold War.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Oh and good list.  A few movies I didn't like but mostly for reasons of taste rather then quality.  Not much from the horror genre (which I'm not a fan of really, but should get some repersentation), I'd put in Night of the Living Dead.  A movie that has had quite a bit of influence and is a pretty good film.  I would think that for essential viewing you should have the best of a genre and/or very influential.  Another one that should be added would be Gone with the Wind.  Not one of my favorites but well made, beloved and influential film.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

59. And: Sound of Music? :bleeding:

I need to brush up on 1940s movies.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Minsky Moment

I have seen all but 5 on the list:
8 1/2, In the Mood for Love, Modern Times (i've seen about a dozen other Chaplins though), Wild Strawberries, The World of Apu

Snow White I saw, but not since I was 7 years old.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson