And we're back!

Main Menu

Lottery, again - 100 million euros

Started by Pedrito, July 21, 2009, 04:40:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: Vince on August 22, 2009, 02:24:16 PM
Quote from: Martinus on August 06, 2009, 08:24:18 AM
I had a crazy math teacher in high school who, when examining someone on the probability calculus, would ask people if they play lottery, and fail them if they said yes. Those were the days.  :menace:

Reminds me of my computer programming teacher who hated the lotto and assigned us to write a program to calculate every possible combination of lottery numbers for the NY jackpot.

Program took almost two days to run to completion.    :pinch:
:lol: Combinatorics are fun.

Strix

Quote from: DGuller on August 22, 2009, 02:49:23 PM
I've gotten ... 0 numbers correct.  Hopefully my mom wil stop asking me to do something so deeply offensive to me as to by a lotto ticket.

It's 252 million now, think she won't want another.  :lmfao:
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Zanza

Some lucky guy won the 146.9 million Euro in Italy. If they have the same laws as here, that's even tax free.

Pedrito

...and that fucker isn't me  <_<

Yes, the money is completely tax free, moreover: the Treasury will take about 60 day to give him his money, and will calculate an interest rate on those 60 days, so effectively giving him 147 million euros PLUS 250.000 euros of interest  :lol:

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot: