News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Lottery, again - 100 million euros

Started by Pedrito, July 21, 2009, 04:40:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: Syt on August 06, 2009, 11:05:58 AM
An Austrian paper dished out tickets for the Italian lottery. I won one, but oddly they only sent me the information after the draw ... my guess: they check first if any of the tickets won anything and then sends out the "duds". :P
A corrupt Italian numbers game?  SAY IT AIN'T SO JACK.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Caliga on August 06, 2009, 11:06:57 AM
Quote from: Syt on August 06, 2009, 11:05:58 AM
An Austrian paper dished out tickets for the Italian lottery. I won one, but oddly they only sent me the information after the draw ... my guess: they check first if any of the tickets won anything and then sends out the "duds". :P
A corrupt Italian numbers game?  SAY IT AIN'T SO JACK.
Whatever happened to those billions of dollars in bonds that Italy confiscated? Were they legit or forgeries?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

Zanza

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 06, 2009, 11:08:31 AM
Whatever happened to those billions of dollars in bonds that Italy confiscated? Were they legit or forgeries?
Forgeries.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on August 06, 2009, 10:59:53 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 06, 2009, 09:57:38 AM
What is your policy on those who buy a ticket when the jackpot reaches 100+ million, just for shits and giggles?

Phrase your answer in haiku.
With all the cash spent
on lotto tickets one can
buy gas station food.

No. I buy only high quality Spam.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Caliga on August 06, 2009, 11:13:38 AM
:unsure:
You missed that? IIRC some guys tried to cross the border with $500 billion in US treasury bonds.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Pedrito

They were two guys with japanese passport (one of them the brother of former Bank of Japan's vicepresident)that were trying to smuggle to Switzerland 239 Us reserve bonds (nominal value $ 500 millions each one) and ten "Kennedy Bonds", nominal value $ 1 billion each  :huh:

The story is still in development, as the italian finance police declared that at least the $500 million bonds are real or so similar to real that's impossible to sort them from fake ones; and no inspectors from the american Treasury still came to Italy to examine them.
The other strange thing is that, idf one wants to forge fake tresury bonds, usually he makes lower value bonds, that are more easily accepted; it's almost impossible for even the biggest financial insitutions to accept $1billion bonds.

BTW; I still did not win, but non one else did, so I will play again on saturday: 122 million euros :mmm:

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Caliga

Quote from: Pedrito on August 07, 2009, 05:27:03 AM
BTW; I still did not win, but non one else did, so I will play again on saturday: 122 million euros :mmm:
My psychic powers tell me........ you will not win. :)

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on August 07, 2009, 07:22:55 AM
Quote from: Pedrito on August 07, 2009, 05:27:03 AM
My psychic powers tell me........ you will not win. :)

[Pascal's wager] You will win, because of my psychic powers. If you do, you owe me. [/Pascal's wager]
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

Ed Anger

A reminder to those Americans (and slimy foreigners) in Mega Millions states: jackpot up to 200 million.

I'll buy 1 ticket.

DGuller

My mom just called me 10 minutes ago, begging me to buy 1 ticket on her behalf.  Since she's my mom, I had to hold my nose and go downstairs to buy a $1 ticket.  She promised to keep all the winning, so I guess I shouldn't worry.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 20, 2009, 01:16:56 PM
A reminder to those Americans (and slimy foreigners) in Mega Millions states: jackpot up to 200 million.

I'll buy 1 ticket.

I won a hundred and fifty bucks. Which I will promptly blow in groceries next week. FUCKING KIDS.

And fuck you lottery haters.

Vince

Quote from: Martinus on August 06, 2009, 08:24:18 AM
I had a crazy math teacher in high school who, when examining someone on the probability calculus, would ask people if they play lottery, and fail them if they said yes. Those were the days.  :menace:

Reminds me of my computer programming teacher who hated the lotto and assigned us to write a program to calculate every possible combination of lottery numbers for the NY jackpot.

Program took almost two days to run to completion.    :pinch:

DGuller

I've gotten ... 0 numbers correct.  Hopefully my mom wil stop asking me to do something so deeply offensive to me as to by a lotto ticket.