And we're back!

Main Menu

Lottery, again - 100 million euros

Started by Pedrito, July 21, 2009, 04:40:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Quote from: Pedrito on August 06, 2009, 08:11:04 AM
A first draft list of what I will buy with my newly acquired wealth:

- a new car or two. Possibly with 400+ horses under the hood.
- a house in the Maldives. Or maybe the Maldives, complete with coral reef.
- Gisele Bundchen
- iTunes

L.

I'd cut down on horses and put more hot girls in the list.

Malthus

Quote from: The Larch on August 06, 2009, 08:41:08 AM
Quote from: Pedrito on August 06, 2009, 08:11:04 AM
A first draft list of what I will buy with my newly acquired wealth:

- a new car or two. Possibly with 400+ horses under the hood.
- a house in the Maldives. Or maybe the Maldives, complete with coral reef.
- Gisele Bundchen
- iTunes

L.

I'd cut down on horses and put more hot girls in the list.

There are better things to do with hot girls than stuff them under the hood of your car.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

Quote from: Savonarola on August 06, 2009, 08:17:06 AMThanks, I have some bold new ideas for governing and improving public morality in Florence.   :)
This is going to end with a barbecue. :mmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Pedrito on August 06, 2009, 08:34:56 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 06, 2009, 08:17:03 AM
Sorry, she likes douchebags (Tom Brady), and since you ain't a douchebag, you don't have a shot.

With 120 millions in my pockets I can become a perfect douche!  :mad:

L.

Don't be a douche.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Savonarola

Quote from: Caliga on August 06, 2009, 08:49:47 AM
Quote from: Savonarola on August 06, 2009, 08:17:06 AMThanks, I have some bold new ideas for governing and improving public morality in Florence.   :)
This is going to end with a barbecue. :mmm:

The Barbecue of the Vanities would be a good title for a novel.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Caliga

I agree.  I expect a co-author credit and a joint appearance on Oprah.

DGuller

Quote from: Martinus on August 06, 2009, 08:24:18 AM
I had a crazy math teacher in high school who, when examining someone on the probability calculus, would ask people if they play lottery, and fail them if they said yes. Those were the days.  :menace:
:wub:

Caliga

As I believe I've stated before, state-run lotteries are my favorite government programs ever.

They turn worthless bums into tax collectors, and collect higher taxes from dumbasses thus allowing my taxes to be lower.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on August 06, 2009, 09:46:18 AM
As I believe I've stated before, state-run lotteries are my favorite government programs ever.

They turn worthless bums into tax collectors, and collect higher taxes from dumbasses thus allowing my taxes to be lower.

What is your policy on those who buy a ticket when the jackpot reaches 100+ million, just for shits and giggles?

Phrase your answer in haiku.

ulmont

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 06, 2009, 09:57:38 AM
What is your policy on those who buy a ticket when the jackpot reaches 100+ million, just for shits and giggles?

Those who buy tickets
For millions shits and giggles
Include me you sirs

Ed Anger

Quote from: ulmont on August 06, 2009, 10:06:48 AM

Those who buy tickets
For millions shits and giggles
Include me you sirs

bravo. You sir, are a poet.

Slargos

Quote from: Malthus on August 06, 2009, 08:31:23 AM
Quote from: Slargos on August 06, 2009, 08:17:13 AM
For €119 million, I could put out a lot of contracts on members who may or may not have posted in this very thread.  <_<

But in order to win, we will, regretibly, be required to sacrifice you in various agonizingly painful ways to the infernal gods. Oh, the paradox of it all!

Under such an event, I would be sure to make certain arrangements as to the use of the funds first.  :menace:

The Brain

Chance of average person in an average job without special motivation or skills getting rich without buying lottery tickets = 0. Same thing WITH buying tickets >0.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

With all the cash spent
on lotto tickets one can
buy gas station food.

Syt

An Austrian paper dished out tickets for the Italian lottery. I won one, but oddly they only sent me the information after the draw ... my guess: they check first if any of the tickets won anything and then sends out the "duds". :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.