News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

New P'dox affiliated release - For The Glory

Started by garbon, August 19, 2009, 02:08:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

I just don't understand these 'new maps' for paradox games...If you can do that then why not make a totally new map?
Had I a ounce of skill at such things I'd love to make a fantasy map on which to play the game. It'd go some way towards restoring the initial awsomeness of exploration and colonisation.
██████
██████
██████

viper37

Quote from: Tyr on August 27, 2009, 04:51:48 AM
I just don't understand these 'new maps' for paradox games...If you can do that then why not make a totally new map?
Had I a ounce of skill at such things I'd love to make a fantasy map on which to play the game. It'd go some way towards restoring the initial awsomeness of exploration and colonisation.
Nothing is stopping you from creating one and using it with FTG.
However, you need to write your own scenario or change all the existing ones, because the province # will change.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Liep

I might sign up, but my only experience would be vast amount of time spent with the singleplayer EU2, no prior betatesting. Also, how many hours a week are they expecting?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

So hey Garbon, what did you do on this project?

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on September 03, 2009, 01:20:17 PM
So hey Garbon, what did you do on this project?

Mainly scenario research/design (yay for my library at home! :lol:). I would be on map design but we decided that we didn't have the manpower to get that properly implemented, in time.  And then small odds and ends.  I think my credits are "Scenarios" and "Advisor" or something like that.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jaron

I'm not giving Paradox any time for their welfare projects.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

viper37

Quote from: Liep on September 03, 2009, 11:51:34 AM
I might sign up, but my only experience would be vast amount of time spent with the singleplayer EU2, no prior betatesting. Also, how many hours a week are they expecting?
They said that if you put 40hrs or more of work per week, you'll get a personalized poster from Garbon :P

Seriously, I think the average expected is around 10-15hrs a week.  Some people will put more, some will sign and never re-appear.

Imho, prior experience with Eu2 will be sufficient.  What they want is people playing the game in their own way so that bugs they never found will appear before release so they can fix it (say, no one ever played an Indian minor, but now you start a game and realize there's a text error in a event of 1701, for example).

I'd say sign and do your best.  If you can't put at least 10hrs in a 7 days week, don't bother though.

Liep

Quote from: viper37 on September 03, 2009, 03:02:45 PM

I'd say sign and do your best.  If you can't put at least 10hrs in a 7 days week, don't bother though.

10 hours is too much, it might suck. :P Seriously though, I remembered that I don't really have all that much patience.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on September 03, 2009, 02:01:42 PMMainly scenario research/design (yay for my library at home! :lol:). I would be on map design but we decided that we didn't have the manpower to get that properly implemented, in time.  And then small odds and ends.  I think my credits are "Scenarios" and "Advisor" or something like that.

Cool.  And you're actually making money off it too?  That's pretty sweet.

Liep

Quote from: Jacob on September 03, 2009, 07:04:51 PM

Cool.  And you're actually making money off it too?  That's pretty sweet.

I wonder what the profit will be in $/hour, but yeah it's a nice move by Paradox, I can't imagine they'll make much on it.

Josquius

Quote from: viper37 on August 27, 2009, 08:19:06 AM
Quote from: Tyr on August 27, 2009, 04:51:48 AM
Nothing is stopping you from creating one and using it with FTG.
However, you need to write your own scenario or change all the existing ones, because the province # will change.
Except I cant' figure out how. The process seems pretty complicated.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Oh the press release from Friday (doesn't really say much that hasn't already been said, excepting our studio name):

The ultimate evolution of an acclaimed classic arrives this November!

NEW YORK – September 4, 2009 – Following the recent announcement at Gamescom in Cologne, Paradox Interactive are excited and proud to provide further details on the release of a very special Europa Universalis game entitled For The Glory, set to release on PC in November 2009.

Developed by Crystal Empire Games, the newly formed Studio which includes some of the key members behind the renowned Europa Universalis II user mod AGCEEP ('Alternative Grand Campaign' / 'Event Exchange Project') which pushed EUII to its technical and graphical limits, For The Glory builds upon this in-depth and unprecedented knowledge of the game by expanding the boundaries and adding a huge amount of original content, to produce the ultimate evolution of an acclaimed classic.

Taking up the reigns of one of over 180 countries, For The Glory offers full historical immersion with a completely new in-depth experience, including the ability to interact with over 10,000 historically accurate events to determine what path your nation will take. Guide domestic and foreign policy, engage in numerous struggles, and attempt to lead your country to a prosperous future. But will you choose to follow the path of history, or take advantage of opportunities for change? Nothing is written in stone!

The first installment in an ongoing series of developer diaries can be found at:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=427184

KEY FEATURES
• Play as one of over 190 countries on a map covering the entire world in the era spanning 1419-1819
• Experience unparalleled historical immersion with over 10,000 historical events
• Unprecedented levels of mod-ability – unlimited timeframe and up to 1,000 counties
• Improved and modernized interface
• Adapt your playing style to the personality of your nation's various historical monarchs.
• The AGCEEP mod comes bundled with For The Glory

And then a few screens here: http://pc.gamezone.com/gamesell/p39113.htm

Also, apparently this is the pre-release that outlets picked up. We're on IGN. :)

Seen

How stable is it in MP? And is it fully compatible with windows 7 64 bit?