News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

New P'dox affiliated release - For The Glory

Started by garbon, August 19, 2009, 02:08:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=423301

QuoteFor the Glory is a game in the Europa Universalis series, based on EU2 and the famous user modification AGCEEP.

Take up the reigns of your country, guide domestic and foreign policy, navigate thousands of historical events, engage in various struggles and lead your country to prosperity – all in the name of glory!
For the Glory offers full historical immersion, with a completely new in-depth
experience with over 10000 historically accurate events.
Take charge of the mighty Habsburg Empire, the aggressive Swedish state, or the seafaring Portuguese. Build up your empire through trade, diplomacy,
colonialism and war. Interact with real historical events and persons to determine what path your nation will take. Nothing is written in stone, and while a wise leader may choose to follow the path of history, you may also take advantage of opportunities for
change.

Features
• You can play as over 180 countries, on a map covering the entire world, in the
era spanning 1419-1819
• Experience unparalleled historical immersion with over 10000 historical events.
• Unparalleled mod-ability: unlimited timeframe and up to 1000 counties.
• Improved and modernised interface.
• Adapt your playing style to the personality of your nation's various historical
monarchs.

Quotefully reworked database for almost unlimited moddability (extended number of countries, unlimited number of religions, cultures, terrains, goods, technologies, ...) and free timeframe from 0 to...
reworked interface including playable political mapmode, support of all resolutions incliding wide screens, and many more...
reworked script engine with extended commands and conditions
reworked and integrated support of mods
reworked other games mechanisms

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

This is also something that I'll have to have. Actually, all the three new games sounds good.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Also, this intrigued me. :P

QuoteWhen the game will be published, there will be another suprise but Garbon is the one to ask for.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Maladict

CountDeMoney

Quotewith a completely new in-depth experience with over 10000 historically accurate events.

9,800 of which only involves Sweden.

barkdreg

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 19, 2009, 06:01:22 AM
Quotewith a completely new in-depth experience with over 10000 historically accurate events.

Why don't you move to this nice village
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stale
because I believe your joke is already living there.

BVN

Hmm, never tried EU2. Maybe this could be the incentive to try it out.

Tamas

Quote from: BVN on August 19, 2009, 06:58:29 AM

Who the fuck are you?

BVN

Quote from: Tamas on August 19, 2009, 07:06:17 AM
Quote from: BVN on August 19, 2009, 06:58:29 AM

Who the fuck are you?
Sigh. You're late to the party. I answered that already a dozen times...

HisMajestyBOB

I'll wait to see more. I'm not especially interested in buying it for modding tools or extra events, but if there's enough substantial changes, and it's well-priced, I may pick it up, partly for EU2 nostalgia value.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 19, 2009, 06:01:22 AM

Darling, what leads you to think that we care about Sweden?

@Bob - As I see it hasn't been mentioned anywhere, I won't mention the price, but it is pretty reasonable.

saskganesh

the reworking on the engine is interesting.

will there be a demo?
humans were created in their own image

Josquius

So...a new AGC that you have to buy?

A moddable EU2 sounds tempting though- EU2 where you can have fantasy maps would be the best thing ever. Hope they don't charge full game price.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

AGC. <_<

As I said, the price will be reasonable. Or at least I think so.