News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

New P'dox affiliated release - For The Glory

Started by garbon, August 19, 2009, 02:08:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: Zoupa on August 20, 2009, 12:14:14 AM
It seems a bit silly to release an expansion pack that consists mostly of free stuff, a full 8 years post release, and with a whole new iteration of the game already out  :huh:

I don't see how this could be successful, unless it's around 10 bucks, max.
From what Yodamaster told me, the game will be between 10-20% better on release.
At the same time the game comes out, there will be a better map available for download, and then they will start working on adapting the AGCEEP for this new map, wich will be available at a later time for free.

From what I get, converting the actual AGC for the new map is simple, but they probably want to expand the scenario to use the full map and all the new possibilities.

The major aspect of the game is the possibility for future mods.  If you're excited about this, buy the game.  If you're not, don't buy it just yet.

I think I'll buy it anyway.  It's only 20$ IIRC.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

It seems a bit silly to release an expansion pack that consists mostly of free stuff, a full 8 years post release, and with a whole new iteration of the game already out  :huh:

I'll buy it just to support my good friend garbon.

Besides I am freaking tired of starting a nice game of EU3 only for that transcontinental blob of death known as the Ming to show up in 1490, having conquered Asia, and ruining it every time.  Freaking Ming.  I hate the Ming.  They do that every single game.

At least in EU2 the Ming stayed in China, I should probably go back to it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on August 21, 2009, 11:54:21 AM
Except in this case we are talking about a Mod being released by Paradox.

A release that will make garbon independently wealthy.

Lets stop that!  Or else he'll overdose on hair dye.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on August 25, 2009, 09:34:44 AM
Lets stop that!  Or else he'll overdose on hair dye.

The pharmaceutical industry is too conservative for hair dye. :weep:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

saskganesh

perhaps success will spoil Rock Hunter? once you become a FTG thousandaire, you can afford to quit your powerpoint job and have hair any colour you want.
humans were created in their own image

Zoupa

Quote from: saskganesh on August 25, 2009, 12:18:45 PM
perhaps success will spoil Rock Hunter? once you become a FTG thousandaire, you can afford to quit your powerpoint job and have hair any colour you want.
ouch  :lol:

Zoupa

Quote from: viper37 on August 25, 2009, 08:14:54 AM

From what Yodamaster told me, the game will be between 10-20% better on release.
At the same time the game comes out, there will be a better map available for download, and then they will start working on adapting the AGCEEP for this new map, wich will be available at a later time for free.

From what I get, converting the actual AGC for the new map is simple, but they probably want to expand the scenario to use the full map and all the new possibilities.

The major aspect of the game is the possibility for future mods.  If you're excited about this, buy the game.  If you're not, don't buy it just yet.

I think I'll buy it anyway.  It's only 20$ IIRC.

J'ai pas bien compris. Je pensais que la majorite des events du agceep serait deja incorpore dans ftg... Par ce que sinon, je vois encore moins l'attrait  :huh: Ou bien c'est plutot une nouvelle engine?

viper37

Zoupa:
T'as tout les détails ici:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=423309
et ici:
http://levdf.frenchboard.com/eu1-2-3-rome-f3/for-the-glory-t1329.htm

For the Glory, c'est EU2 1.09 + AGCEEP + bugs corrigés + un jeu plus facilement moddable.

J'avais posé la question à Yodamaster, en excluant la moddabilité, de quel % son jeu était meilleur que EU2 + 1.09 + AGCEEP et il m'a répondu "entre 10 et 20%" meilleur.

Le gros attrait, c'est la possibilité de modifier à peu près tout par mod, parce qu'il n'y a plus grand chose de "harcoded" dans le moteur du jeu.
Entre autre, à la sortie du jeu, il y aura une nouvelle carte améliorée disponible gratuitement en téléchargement.
Cependant, qui dit nouvelle carte dit ré-écrire tout les scénarios pour que ça fonctionne avec la nouvelle carte et que ça utilise.

La première étape, c'est ce qu'ils feront peu de temps après la sortie du jeu.  Prendre avantage de la nouvelle carte, ça viendra un peu plus tard.

Il y aura bientôt des "developper's diary" par Yodamaster entre autres, on pourra en savoir un peu plus à ce moment.

Pour le moment, à la sortie de FTG, c'est surtout un pari pour l'avenir.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

HisMajestyBOB

Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Tamas

Eddie Teach

Speaking of Paradox games, did anyone like EU Rome? Saw a copy at the store and was tempted to pick it up.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tamas

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 27, 2009, 01:43:39 AM
Speaking of Paradox games, did anyone like EU Rome? Saw a copy at the store and was tempted to pick it up.

Occasionally I have a good time with it then get bored with it for months. Right now I had a good game going but some kind of bug makes the "Barbarian" state form which makes all following barbarian incursions to capture a province, breaking the game.