News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Victoria 2

Started by Liep, August 19, 2009, 02:04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I wouldn't worry.  If you have interventionist economy you may want to try to reopen them after you have some railroad in the state.  You can also encourage people to become craftsmen in that area, I've noticed that a lot of factories go under because of lack of workers.

I would also consider the PoPdemand mod as it makes the economy work better.

Currently I'm frustrated as I want to enter a war on the side of Hungary against Austria but I can't.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

MadImmortalMan

Anyone ever play a game where GB winds up getting beat down? That might be a challenge. If my goal were, say, to bring Britain down far enough to be a secondary power. What would that take? Sacking London seventeen times as France maybe?
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Razgovory

I just figured out how to influence countries!  Shame it took me till 1850 to figure it out. <_<   I had a decent liberal democracy going then *Boom!*, Napoleon the III.  I have pretty much destroyed Austria though.  Next I hope to take away Silesia from Prussia.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

ulmont

Quote from: Razgovory on October 16, 2014, 04:18:29 PM
I just figured out how to influence countries!  Shame it took me till 1850 to figure it out. <_<

In my first 10-ish Victoria 2 games I made it to around 1850 before discovering some key concept (colonization, national influences, influencing other countries) that I had missed and restarting.

garbon

Quote from: ulmont on October 16, 2014, 07:08:44 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 16, 2014, 04:18:29 PM
I just figured out how to influence countries!  Shame it took me till 1850 to figure it out. <_<

In my first 10-ish Victoria 2 games I made it to around 1850 before discovering some key concept (colonization, national influences, influencing other countries) that I had missed and restarting.

:D

Yeah they don't make it exactly easy to uncover the key concepts. In part, I blame that on (as is the case with most p'dox games) the tortured evolution of game concepts such that something that is important now was never fully documented.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on October 16, 2014, 02:26:19 PM
Anyone ever play a game where GB winds up getting beat down? That might be a challenge. If my goal were, say, to bring Britain down far enough to be a secondary power. What would that take? Sacking London seventeen times as France maybe?

That happens in my game all buy itself.  Ireland rebelled and Jacobites took over Britain.  I've beaten up on the big powers so much that Austria, the Ottoman empire, and Russia are no longer great powers but Sicily, Piedmont, Bavaria and Hanover are

jimmy olsen

Russia melted down in revolution so hard that Poland just steam rolled them with a little help from the Swedes.  :lmfao:

It took twenty years, but Russia is a great power again, but the Poles are in my sphere and haven't dared move against them.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

Ran in to a strange bug.  After defeating the North German Federation in war in which I got the war goal "dismantle empire", I lost lost the Rheinland state and the game made it a Puppet state under my control.  That was one of my most industrialized areas. :(

Valmy

But the Delphi Oracle said 'Win this war and a great empire will be destroyed' and I did and....oh shit.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Apparently it's an over site with the scripting.  If Germany loses the war and owns this city a new nation is created and made a puppet of France.  Unfortunately it doesn't check to see if all the provinces in the new nation are owned by Germany.  Took me down from the world largest industrial power to the second largest, created a large enclave of french owned provinces in Germany and abandoned a large population of Ethnic Frenchmen in a German culture state.

Josquius

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 22, 2014, 10:16:18 AM
Russia melted down in revolution so hard that Poland just steam rolled them with a little help from the Swedes.  :lmfao:

It took twenty years, but Russia is a great power again, but the Poles are in my sphere and haven't dared move against them.

Wow, I've never seen Sweden get Finland back.
A independent Finland happens fairly often but not such a neat take back.
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on October 25, 2014, 11:38:14 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 22, 2014, 10:16:18 AM

Wow, I've never seen Sweden get Finland back.
A independent Finland happens fairly often but not such a neat take back.
Sweden got it back in the 1840s IIRC.  They won northern Finland by themselves IIRC, they may have allied with me for the southern half.  I can't remember when our long standing alliance began.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Britain didn't bother the US at all in my German game, why are they attacking me? I have 200 relations with them and my infamy is down to zero.  I just want to take the rest of my cores from Mexico. :mad:

1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

KRonn

How are navies handled in the latest Victoria 2? I read some stuff about navies being so huge and unrealistic or something.