News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Victoria 2

Started by Liep, August 19, 2009, 02:04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

I don't think they're that big. You're limited by the size and numbers of your ports.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

I pretty much finished my game as France.  I had two years, but I had stopped caring. France went Fascist :(
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

1902- Things are going better. Military #1, Prestige #2, Industry #4 (rising fast, I now have the most factories).

Let's see, Spain has conquered most of Egypt and Brazil continues to expand in the west instead of the more profitable Rio del Plata for some reason. They've also crisscrossed the Amazon with railroads instead of the coast.  :wacko:

Russia and Italy won a great war against Britain and the Ottomans. They also absolutely crushed a Chinese attempt to conquer Xinjiang, the Chinese are a great power on the account of their military, but it's fraudalent. Their tech must be way out of date.

The Germans have annexed Baden and Bavaria and Austria is no longer a great power. You'd think the Germans would want to sphere them, but apparently not.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Started with just 7.7% literacy, doing pretty well I think.

1 Karma Chameleon point

KRonn

I played Brazil a couple times in Vic 1, it was a good challenge, fun playing it.

jimmy olsen

What should I do after finishing off Bolivia? Expand my west coast at Peru's expense or annex that Argentinian salient? I'm leaning toward the former.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

I started an AAR.  Unfortantly not much happened in the first 10 years.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

It's 1906 and I've become a great power through the power of Jazz and Surrealism.

I've sphered Chile, Ecuador and Columbia, the last of which gave me the rights to build the Panama canal. I've also colonized Easter Island.

1 Karma Chameleon point

HVC

This brings back memories of our Vicky MP where a coalition formed to crush your expansionist ways lol
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: HVC on November 05, 2014, 09:36:30 AM
This brings back memories of our Vicky MP where a coalition formed to crush your expansionist ways lol
I haven't gone over the infamy limit once.

Germany is the menace of this game, they're constantly getting attacked and winning. They've annexed multiple French, Russian and Austrian states, along with a Dutch state, almost all in defensive war.

1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

I've conquered Peru, finally gaining direct access to iron ore and precious metals.

1 Karma Chameleon point

KRonn

So you took over all of Peru now, along with other lands in the west and south. How is your infamy? Still not very high?

jimmy olsen

Infamy is the little red flag in the Politics block. 19.13 is pretty high, but the limit is 25.

1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Final update. I nipped off the Argentine salient and ended the game in a solid 6th place, 4th in prestige, 9th in industry and 4th in military. As of 1936, my 46.4 million people have a literacy rate of 99% and have researched all technologies, although a handful of military inventions have yet to be discovered. Unfortunately the game ended in the middle of a Great War that would likely have seen the Ottomans eviscerated.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Queequeg

What does Peru look like?  Do people still assimilate in to accepted cultures, or do you have immigration to the place that has completely swamped the "native" Peruvian population?
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."