News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[Eve Online] Anyone want to do some mining?

Started by Berkut, August 12, 2009, 11:00:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Yeah, Goonswarm falling apart is pretty surprising.

On the other hand, aybe what was surprising is that they lasted as long as they did?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Grey Fox

COnsidering that all this started as an elaborate joke, it kinda is. Also, defeating BoB had always been their purposes with BoB gone(it's gone right?) it was only a matter of time.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Alcibiades

No they just came back and were sparring with the Goons again, so no.  And how was it a joke, they didn't have the funds in the right wallet for the sov bills.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Grey Fox

I meant when Goons started playing EVE, not the recent loss of sov.

Alcibiades

Maybe a 'joke' 7 years ago, but I'm sure a lot of them didn't consider it so that much time later :p
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Grey Fox

I'm still surprised that it lasted 7 years, none the less.

Alcibiades

Internet spaceships is seriously business, really.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Alcibiades on February 03, 2010, 08:54:19 AM
Wow didn't see that happen, any way we could get a full summary of all the events, if it's not too much trouble?

There pretty much was a full summary there.  Karttoon came back from his honeymoon, disbanded the alliance (not GoonFleet), Groon and a bunch of GF started setting up gatecamps to kill BTLS, GoonWaffe (a leftover from when there were only so many people allowed in a single corp) was "upgraded" again and a bunch of people are joining.   I don't think anyone is joining GoonPlatoon.

Disbanding the alliance and reforming under a new name (Band of Brothers) actually won a poll last week.  Some guy also came within two days of predicting this whole thing exactly right all the way back when Haargoth disbanded BoB.

Anyway, the only dude who can really get rid of the major goon corporation is Solo Drakban, who runs the forums/all the other out of game stuff.  Even then, Groon is still kicking, among others.  Well...CCP could shut down the game, or make it unbearably bad, I guess.

Edit:  <_<  I forgot to drop roles.   Bleh.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Berkut on February 03, 2010, 09:02:51 AM
Yeah, Goonswarm falling apart is pretty surprising.

On the other hand, aybe what was surprising is that they lasted as long as they did?

Don't buy into the hype.  Just more Goon Psyops.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 03, 2010, 06:23:05 PM
Don't buy into the hype.  Just more Goon Psyops.

Yeah, the CEO didn't really get trolled into a spectacular ragequit.   :D

Hey, you might finally be able to get back in for at least a little while though.  Until they run SA account checks and such and throw you out again.

Edit:  Initial reports from Syndicate are.....promising:

Quotehaha a group of 8 navy comets (police ships with sirens and shit) told me to pull over in local and typed out siren noises while killing me

:XD:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on February 03, 2010, 10:41:59 PM
Quotehaha a group of 8 navy comets (police ships with sirens and shit) told me to pull over in local and typed out siren noises while killing me

:XD:

OK, that's just total awesomeness right there.

MadBurgerMaker

So there seems to be at least some small profit to be made by trading those NPC seeded goods (consumer products, industrial goods, etc), but not really enough compared to the amount of time required.  I guess might be different with an Orca or something (a freighter seems like pretty massive overkill considering the amounts of stuff in the various buy orders), but....eh...~300,000 isk in about 20 minutes?  Might as well just run an easy L3 mission instead, unless I'm missing something.

QuoteOK, that's just total awesomeness right there.

Hell yeah.  I need to get one of those things.  I think it was Rens 911 that used to use those all the time.

Edit:  Oh heh Battlestars is finally getting reset (as is LOVEU).  GoonFleet is now a member of the Band of Brothers alliance, the Waffe has almost 900 members already, and the new alliance will supposedly be created tonight.

Edit2: New alliance name:  SOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSO
Ticker: [LODRA]

SOLODRAKBAN<etc> is now at war with Band of Brothers.  :lol:

As a side note, I think I may have overgunned this Rupture too much.  I'm not sure about 720mm arty's tracking.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on February 05, 2010, 12:25:26 AM
Hell yeah.  I need to get one of those things.  I think it was Rens 911 that used to use those all the time.

I had one once.  It was the SS 1 Adam 12.

Alcibiades

Not really sure what you guys are talking about. :(

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Alcibiades on February 05, 2010, 09:30:27 AM
Not really sure what you guys are talking about. :(

The GallenteFederation Navy Comet:

It's a faction frigate, so it's relatively expensive and probably kicks ass (some don't).  They used to say GFPD on them too, but I guess that was taken off in one of the graphics updates.

Edit:  The name is different.