News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Dinner Etiquette Question

Started by Darth Wagtaros, August 04, 2009, 10:03:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 05, 2009, 06:06:48 AM
Fun fact: Olive Garden is owned by the same fine folks that brought you Seafood for Negroes.

:unsure:

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

Hey Cal, when your pop still had his ossum jerb did he ever talk about expicitly targeting the chain at blacks?  Either through marketing or menu?

Caliga

Nope.  But then again, he never got involved with marketing.  I'm sure they outsourced that stuff.  I don't remember him making jokes about "blacks love Red Lobster" or anything, and he's not shy about making racist/sexist/homophobic jokes either.

DisturbedPervert

I've always associated Red Lobster with suburban white folk.

Caliga

The world's most profitable Red Lobster (or was at the time) is in Suitland, Maryland = NEGRO CENTRAL.

Strix

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on August 05, 2009, 08:12:43 AM
I've always associated Red Lobster with suburban white folk.

Same here.

Having lived in the South, I always associated Chinese Buffets with Seafood loving Negroes. They would be all over any Buffet that had Crab Legs and swarm the servers the minute they brought out the next batch.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Malthus

Never seen anyone changing a baby at the table in a restaurant; I'd be quite horrified.

Not sure what I'd do about it, other than be uncomfortable.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

Personally I'd throw a grenade at their table.

Love, Internet Tough Guy

lustindarkness

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on August 04, 2009, 10:03:40 PM
So, friends of mine were at the Olive Garden and some chick decides to change her kid's diapers - on the table next to them. Apparently no one else had a problem with it or was afraid of making a scene.

What would you do if you are eating dinner and some mouth breather pulls this shit (literally)?
I would have loved this, an excuse to scream at an unknown woman and embarass her, make a scene in a restaraunt and maybe even a free dinner? Perfect.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on August 05, 2009, 08:22:43 AM

Love, Internet Tough Guy

Isn't the correct response to retaliate in kind - say, pull down your pants & wipe your ass with the napkin?  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

Quote from: Malthus on August 05, 2009, 08:25:13 AM
Isn't the correct response to retaliate in kind - say, pull down your pants & wipe your ass with the napkin?  :P
I could never do something so filthy. :o

Strix

Quote from: Malthus on August 05, 2009, 08:25:13 AM
Quote from: Caliga on August 05, 2009, 08:22:43 AM

Love, Internet Tough Guy

Ok, confess, any odd places that you have changed your son?
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

KRonn

I'd think the parent could take the child to the restaurant restroom to change a diaper. Changing diapers on a table where people eat is nastily unhealthy, besides being gross for those eating dinner nearby.

Malthus

Quote from: Strix on August 05, 2009, 08:30:18 AM
Ok, confess, any odd places that you have changed your son?

The most nerve-wracking was on the gravel shoulder of a highway.