News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Dinner Etiquette Question

Started by Darth Wagtaros, August 04, 2009, 10:03:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRC

Changing liquidy shitty diapers at a restaurant table explodes and destroys any and all polite etiquette.

DGuller

Does a shitty diaper really look out of place in Olive Garden?

derspiess

My brother's sister in law did this at a mostly empty restaurant & I was still embarrassed.  Even worse, the kid had taken a crap.  He was a little shit to begin with, and this didn't make things better.

I had to say something about it, because I was still eating & it killed my appetite.  And of course I ended up being the jerk, because everyone else was too afraid to say anything.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

dps

Quote from: derspiess on August 05, 2009, 12:36:15 AM
My brother's sister in law

This is the sister of your brother's wife, and not your wife, right?  I sure hope so.  :D

Martinus

Quote from: PRC on August 04, 2009, 11:12:07 PM
Pull out a pistol and shoot her down.

Nah. Club her to death with the baby.

Martinus

Anyway, I would have probably left the restaurant, telling them they have a health and safety inspection coming.

This is the equivalent of someone taking a dump on their seat, because they are too lazy to get to the toilet.

BVN

Quote from: Martinus on August 05, 2009, 01:38:12 AM
Anyway, I would have probably left the restaurant, telling them they have a health and safety inspection coming.

This is the equivalent of someone taking a dump on their seat, because they are too lazy to get to the toilet.
I'm not defending the mom in the OP, but taking a dump on your seat and changing a diaper on a table, is not quite the same. Wouldn't you think...?  :rolleyes:

I'm beginning to understand why people here say that you fail in making analogies...

Admiral Yi

Talk to the manager, ask him/her to make it right.

Jos Theelen

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on August 04, 2009, 10:03:40 PMWhat would you do if you are eating dinner and some mouth breather pulls this shit (literally)?

Vomit.

Martinus

Quote from: BVN on August 05, 2009, 03:04:52 AM

I'm not defending the mom in the OP, but taking a dump on your seat and changing a diaper on a table, is not quite the same. Wouldn't you think...?  :rolleyes:

I'm beginning to understand why people here say that you fail in making analogies...

Why not? Both involve relieving yourself of fecal matter in a place emphatically not destined for that purpose, while being too lazy to go to proper facilities to do so, that are readily available.

BVN

Quote from: Martinus on August 05, 2009, 03:24:01 AM
Quote from: BVN on August 05, 2009, 03:04:52 AM

Why not? Both involve relieving yourself of fecal matter in a place emphatically not destined for that purpose, while being too lazy to go to proper facilities to do so, that are readily available.
Well, why don't you try to take a dump on a seat in a restaurant and see if people will react differently then in the story in the OP (or in similar stories in this thread)?

I'm very curious about the results...  :P

Admiral Yi

For a Marty analogy it's not a bad one.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 05, 2009, 03:46:24 AM

:yes: Mere hyperbole and not the usual alchemy.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

BVN

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 05, 2009, 03:46:24 AM
I'm pretty new around here. Haven't seen much examples of his "work". :P

Admiral Yi

Quote from: BVN on August 05, 2009, 03:57:16 AM
I'm pretty new around here. Haven't seen much examples of his "work". :P
Then you're in for a real treat. :)