News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Dinner Etiquette Question

Started by Darth Wagtaros, August 04, 2009, 10:03:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strix

Quote from: KRonn on August 05, 2009, 08:35:35 AM
I'd think the parent could take the child to the restaurant restroom to change a diaper. Changing diapers on a table where people eat is nastily unhealthy, besides being gross for those eating dinner nearby.

You have to admit that it would have been funny as hell, in a Monty Python sort of way, if the kid had taken a pee once his diaper came off especially if it hit the table next to him.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Malthus

Quote from: Strix on August 05, 2009, 08:37:42 AM
I'd think the parent could take the child to the restaurant restroom to change a diaper. Changing diapers on a table where people eat is nastily unhealthy, besides being gross for those eating dinner nearby.

You have to admit that it would have been funny as hell, in a Monty Python sort of way, if the kid had taken a pee once his diaper came off especially if it hit the table next to him.

Newborns especially have amazing powers of poop projection - Carl once got mom-in-law right in the face.

Someone quietly eating their pasta when an - extra meatball lands on their plate, would be hilarious.  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Martinus

Ok now I am grossed out. Thanks.

Fucking parents.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Malthus on August 05, 2009, 08:40:00 AM
Quote from: Strix on August 05, 2009, 08:37:42 AM

Newborns especially have amazing powers of poop projection - Carl once got mom-in-law right in the face.

Someone quietly eating their pasta when an - extra meatball lands on their plate, would be hilarious.  :P

Or an extra refill from a pee stream.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

And now I want Italian food. DAMN YOU CAL.

Malthus

Quote from: Martinus on August 05, 2009, 08:42:42 AM
Ok now I am grossed out. Thanks.

Fucking parents.

My mission: complete.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 05, 2009, 08:44:02 AM
And now I want Italian food. DAMN YOU CAL.
Don't damn me, damn Darden.  DAMN DARDEN TO HELL :ultra:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

I sure as fuck ain't going to Olive Garden.

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Caliga on August 05, 2009, 05:04:07 AM
Olive Garden ANGERS ME SEVERELY. :ultra:

what if they added a gas station?
:p

Caliga

It'd be a two hour wait to fill up. -_-

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on August 05, 2009, 06:51:25 AM
Also, I hate OG because the Italian food is mediocre AT BEST... though by Louisville standards it's fairly good, since the Italian restaurant scene here is pathetic.  But for some odd reason, despite the mediocrity of the food, it's always INSANELY CROWDED.

Ditto for Cincy.  We do have a Carrabba's nearby but I always seem to have bad luck their with service or food.  I prefer Macaroni Grill & Maggiano's over both of them, but neither are conveniently located for us.

Nearly all the local "Italian" places here suck bad, the lone exception being a place downtown that is actually quite good.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Macaroni Grill is the best Italian chain place available here.  In fact, I had lunch there on Monday with a buddy.

IMO the best Italian chain place overall is Maggiano's, but sadly there are none here.

Of course any family Eye-talian restaurant in Philly beats the living shit out of all of these chains.  Same goes for the local Italian joints in the North End of Boston.

The Brain

If I saw the staff not removing the offending pair I would probably just leave. If they want to run a crappy restaurant I'm not gonna bother with a scene.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on August 05, 2009, 12:13:18 PM
Macaroni Grill is the best Italian chain place available here.  In fact, I had lunch there on Monday with a buddy.

How sad. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.