Main Menu

Dinner Etiquette Question

Started by Darth Wagtaros, August 04, 2009, 10:03:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Olive Garden ANGERS ME SEVERELY. :ultra:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Warspite

If I were in that situation, I would have made just-audible, dry, sarcastic remark about the suitability of the location for changing a diaper.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Warspite on August 05, 2009, 05:48:37 AM
If I were in that situation, I would have made just-audible, dry, sarcastic remark about the suitability of the location for changing a diaper.
Leaving the average Olive Garden customer COMPLETELY DEVESTATED.

MadBurgerMaker

Last time I went to Olive Garden to use up a gift certificate someone gave me, the bartender had never heard of Jameson.  IIRC, as far as the food goes, everything there is just standard Sysco frozen stuff that gets trucked in regularly.  Seems to be pretty inoffensive stuff.  I dig the salads.

Oh, and there weren't any shitty baby diapers being changed out in the dining area, so I guess that could be considered a bonus.  Because that's gross, and people who do that probably need to be beaten until they learn not to.

Admiral Yi

Fun fact: Olive Garden is owned by the same fine folks that brought you Seafood for Negroes.

I like their food.  My principal beef is that the selections are too limited.

Grey Fox

This is a fun thread to have breakfast too.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 05, 2009, 06:06:48 AM
Fun fact: Olive Garden is owned by the same fine folks that brought you Seafood for Negroes.

I like their food.  My principal beef is that the selections are too limited.
Darden Restaurants, formerly GMRI.  My dad was a senior exec there from about 1985 to 1993 or so.  Ran the facilities ops for the northeast US.

I have several reasons for being severely angry with Olive Garden.  First of all, they fucked my dad over and derailed his career--after General Mills spun Darden off, the new management wanted him to relocate to Orlando (the corp HQ is right near Orlando, forget the exact town), which meant I would have gone there.  I was like "OSSUM, Florida!"  They would have paid relo, bought our old house, and everything.  My mom refused to move because "teachers make less in Florida" :rolleyes:

Anyway, because he wouldn't relocate, they fired him for some strange reason and promoted his underling into his job.  But the funny thing is, another guy (the midwest facilities guy IIRC) moved down and took the job, and they laid him off like two months later.  So basically Darden would have probably fucked us over anyway.  :mad:

Also, I hate OG because the Italian food is mediocre AT BEST... though by Louisville standards it's fairly good, since the Italian restaurant scene here is pathetic.  But for some odd reason, despite the mediocrity of the food, it's always INSANELY CROWDED.  Princesca likes OG and the last time she tried to drag me in there, the damn parking lot was completely full and I tried to park at Bob Evans next door, but that place pays an off duty cop to sit there and keep OG patrons from parking in their lot, so I literally had to just go home and leave her in the dust.  :rolleyes:

PEOPLE, THE FOOD AIN'T WORTH A THREE HOUR WAIT. :mellow:

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on August 05, 2009, 06:51:25 AM

Also, I hate OG because the Italian food is mediocre AT BEST... though by Louisville standards it's fairly good, since the Italian restaurant scene here is pathetic.  But for some odd reason, despite the mediocrity of the food, it's always INSANELY CROWDED.  Princesca likes OG and the last time she tried to drag me in there, the damn parking lot was completely full and I tried to park at Bob Evans next door, but that place pays an off duty cop to sit there and keep OG patrons from parking in their lot, so I literally had to just go home and leave her in the dust.  :rolleyes:

Awesome.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Warspite

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 05, 2009, 05:56:27 AM
Quote from: Warspite on August 05, 2009, 05:48:37 AM
Leaving the average Olive Garden customer COMPLETELY DEVESTATED.

This isn't about them, this is about me.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 05, 2009, 06:56:51 AMAwesome.

My dad used to bring home cases of the frozen breadsticks though. :mmm:

...though I liked the cheesy rolls from Red Lobster better.

hm, I actually like Red Lobster and now I wanna go there.

Oh, the other thing I hate about goddamn Darden is that they have a small chain called Bahama Breeze that has great Caribbean-style food.  We had one here that was always jam-packed, but for some reason the fuckers just up and closed it one day.  :mad:

Jaron

You made their chairs smell like farts.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Caliga

Quote from: Jaron on August 05, 2009, 07:02:27 AM
:blush: They ought to stop serving so much crap with beans then. :)

Oh, another thing I hate about Darden is that they had one totally unsullied (in my mind) chain, Smokey Bones, that had good BBQ and freakin awesome mini donuts for dessert.  It's not as good as Famous Dave's ( :mmm: ), but pretty close.  But then they sold it to someone else.  If the sale results in the Smokey Bones in Louisville closing, I'm doing a McVeigh on their corporate HQ.  :mad:

Ed Anger

Quote from: Jaron on August 05, 2009, 07:02:27 AM

I like letting a fart in a aisle at a supermarket, and watch the reactions of people walking into it. I gotta have some entertainment there. :blush:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 05, 2009, 07:08:11 AM
I like letting a fart in a aisle at a supermarket, and watch the reactions of people walking into it. I gotta have some entertainment there. :blush:

I find thinking about eating the food entertaining enough.  :Embarrass:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?