News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Dinner Etiquette Question

Started by Darth Wagtaros, August 04, 2009, 10:03:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

So, friends of mine were at the Olive Garden and some chick decides to change her kid's diapers - on the table next to them. Apparently no one else had a problem with it or was afraid of making a scene.

What would you do if you are eating dinner and some mouth breather pulls this shit (literally)?
PDH!

Monoriu

Ask the waiters to do something.

DontSayBanana

Etiquette, schmetiquette. Imagine the "fun" if the local board of health hears about that going on. Considering where this apparently happened, I wonder if the other patrons weren't just stunned into silence.
Experience bij!

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DisturbedPervert

:x

Leave without paying and call the health inspector.

Strix

It's a tough situation for Olive Garden. Yes, the mother is in the wrong. Olive Garden probably had one of those baby changing tables in their bathrooms. However, Soccer Moms are a very powerful organization to take head on.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

katmai

Who the fuck eats at Olive Garden?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

PRC

Pull out a pistol and shoot her down.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: katmai on August 04, 2009, 11:03:30 PM

That's not a proper gas station at all!
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

katmai

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on August 04, 2009, 11:44:55 PM
Quote from: katmai on August 04, 2009, 11:03:30 PM

That's not a proper gas station at all!

No really who eats at Olive garden?
I never met anyone who does.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

BuddhaRhubarb

You get the entertainment you pay for at Olive Garden, it seems.

Should never have happened as mom should have been unlazy enough to lug poopmaker into the ladies and deal with it there. Did she leave the messy diaper on the table next to the rolls?
:p

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: katmai on August 04, 2009, 11:45:37 PM

No really who eats at Olive garden?
I never met anyone who does.

You must not have many friends who need tabletop diaper-changing services.  :P

I would flip the fuck out.

I've eaten there once. They catered some events for a previous job too. I thought it smacked of being prepackaged and industrialized. But the salad was good. :lol: I imagine a lot of small towns can do no better for Italian food, sadly.

Fun fact: The restaurant I visit here in Reno when I want Italian is a place called, unimaginatively, "Johnny's". The walls in the entrance are covered with photos of the owner with all kinds of famous people from Frank Sinatra to Harrison Ford. They all say something like "OMG best Italian food in Reno!!11". My favorite is a pic of Larry Storch with his F-Troop cavalry hat on with old Johnny. It's totally old-school (mafia surely) and horribly cheap for what it is. Reservations a must. Wine list superb.

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

dps

Quote from: PRC on August 04, 2009, 11:12:07 PM
Pull out a pistol and shoot her down.

That would be the way it would work if we had a just society.