If you were Kamala Harris, who would you choose to be your VP

Started by jimmy olsen, July 23, 2024, 08:19:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

If you were Kamala Harris, who would you choose to be your VP?

Mark Kelly - Senator from Arizona
10 (38.5%)
Josh Shapiro - Governor of Pennsylvania
4 (15.4%)
Roy Cooper - Governor of North Carolina
1 (3.8%)
Andy Beshear - Governor of Kentucky
5 (19.2%)
Pete Buttigieg - Secretary of Transportation
1 (3.8%)
JB Pritzker - Governor of Illinois
1 (3.8%)
Gretchen Whitmer - Governor of Michigan
3 (11.5%)
Other - List who and why
1 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 26

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on August 06, 2024, 12:23:08 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 06, 2024, 12:06:31 PMPdox forums like it.  The Euros are relieved that there is no Jews on the ticket.

Well, Kamala's husband...

Is on the ticket?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on August 06, 2024, 12:27:41 PM
Quote from: Valmy on August 06, 2024, 12:23:08 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 06, 2024, 12:06:31 PMPdox forums like it.  The Euros are relieved that there is no Jews on the ticket.

Well, Kamala's husband...

Is on the ticket?

No. But still I don't think this ticket is the sort of anti-Jew indicator Paradox seems to thi k.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Jacob

Quote from: Valmy on August 06, 2024, 12:29:34 PMNo. But still I don't think this ticket is the sort of anti-Jew indicator Paradox seems to thi k.

Is that the actual sentiment on Paradox, or is it Raz's interpretation of the sentiment on Paradox?

Valmy

Quote from: Jacob on August 06, 2024, 01:00:55 PM
Quote from: Valmy on August 06, 2024, 12:29:34 PMNo. But still I don't think this ticket is the sort of anti-Jew indicator Paradox seems to thi k.

Is that the actual sentiment on Paradox, or is it Raz's interpretation of the sentiment on Paradox?

Probably Raz's interpretation. Besides the only Jew to ever be on a major party Presidential ticket was Joe Lieberman, AFAIK anyway, so being relieved to see a Jew free ticket is rather odd.

But I don't know. The internet has surprised me with the extent it hates Jews in the past.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Razgovory

My interpretation.  You can't say you don't like Jews on Pdox.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

Quote from: Jacob on August 06, 2024, 01:00:55 PM

I was thinking it would explain a lot if true
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

Several posters expressed their relief over the pick.  I don't think they were worried about the astronaut getting it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Sheilbh

I like him a lot :lol: :ph34r:

My one slight concern is whether he's a bit of a frothy online pick (hence why I like him).
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on August 06, 2024, 10:08:11 AMReally happy we got a midwestern type Union guy on the ballot. That will not only really help with the midwestern vote but also signals the return to focusing on working people by the Democrats, which is really important in this age of populism.

I thought we were supposed to get that with Biden.

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 06, 2024, 01:29:52 PMI thought we were supposed to get that with Biden.

And we did to some extent, that was the key to his popularity to the extent he was popular. He had a long career associated with third-way policies working against him though.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on August 06, 2024, 01:54:48 PMAnd we did to some extent, that was the key to his popularity to the extent he was popular. He had a long career associated with third-way policies working against him though.

Did we?  I'm not aware of any polls showing movement of high school educated males moving to the blue column.  I am aware of polls showing senior citizens defecting from Trump because of his dysfunctional handling of covid.

I worry that Democrats tell themselves if they support unions and raising the minimum wage this will equate to "fighting for the working man."  The blue collar guys I know aren't crazy about unions, often see them unfairly pampered competitors, and aren't affected by the minimum wage.

Jacob

May be true, Yi.

That said, at the same time I've read a fair bit about how a good proportion of white-dude union workers have gone MAGA over the years. If true, it would probably be useful to win some of those back.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Jacob on August 06, 2024, 04:04:42 PMMay be true, Yi.

That said, at the same time I've read a fair bit about how a good proportion of white-dude union workers have gone MAGA over the years. If true, it would probably be useful to win some of those back.

It was supposed to be useful for Biden to win them back.  Why would Waltz do better?

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 06, 2024, 04:19:25 PMIt was supposed to be useful for Biden to win them back.  Why would Waltz do better?

Presumably their votes are still being contested, so having someone that appeals to them is better than not.

I can't tell you why Walz would be more (or less) effective than Biden, though.

Razgovory

I just saw Shapiro's speech in Philadelphia.  The guy is a fantastic speaker.