If you were Kamala Harris, who would you choose to be your VP

Started by jimmy olsen, July 23, 2024, 08:19:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

If you were Kamala Harris, who would you choose to be your VP?

Mark Kelly - Senator from Arizona
10 (38.5%)
Josh Shapiro - Governor of Pennsylvania
4 (15.4%)
Roy Cooper - Governor of North Carolina
1 (3.8%)
Andy Beshear - Governor of Kentucky
5 (19.2%)
Pete Buttigieg - Secretary of Transportation
1 (3.8%)
JB Pritzker - Governor of Illinois
1 (3.8%)
Gretchen Whitmer - Governor of Michigan
3 (11.5%)
Other - List who and why
1 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 26

viper37

Quote from: grumbler on July 26, 2024, 12:00:23 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 25, 2024, 10:17:26 PM
Quote from: Savonarola on July 25, 2024, 04:33:07 PMThe joke is that Whitmer (and Gerald Ford) are from Michigan and therefore, from my perspective, have no accent.  (Actually we all grew up in the same city, Grand Rapids, I'm just the under-achiever. ;) )

I always think of GR as de Vos country, from my stay over in the Amway Grand Plaza.

Western Michigan used to have some of the most liberal counties in the state.  They've now completely inverted that.

How did that happen?  Interstate immigration? Economic hardships?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Sophie Scholl

Walz is a much, much better option than Shapiro and a lot more palatable for those on the Left for more than just his Israel/Palestine stance being significantly more moderated than Shapiro. Shapiro is also worse to their, and my own, eyes in regards to fracking, unions, corporate taxes, pro-school vouchers, taking MAGA money, and additional things brought up here already. Honestly, I think he's a better choice for more moderate voters, too, to be honest.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Syt

I think Christoph Waltz would make an excellent VP, but is he eligible as native Austrian? :unsure:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tonitrus on August 05, 2024, 09:50:01 PMDidn't know anything about Walz...but his military background is as fellow enlisted scum (even if National Guard), so a plus there.
Sergeant Major!
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

btw my introduction to Walz was on the 'White Dudes for Harris' podcast, and I really liked him.  I agree he will play well to the center.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

grumbler

Quote from: viper37 on August 06, 2024, 12:57:05 AMHow did that happen?  Interstate immigration? Economic hardships?

I wasn't living in-state when it happened, but my understanding is that it was mostly:
1. Intrastate migration, people fleeing the urban expansion in southeast Michigan (Detroit region) - for which read the influx of minorities, especially Arab minorities, and
2. Radicalization of people living far from a big city and big city journalism by social media.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Sophie Scholl

If Kamala wins and Walz ends up as VP, Peggy Flanagan (Minnesota Lt. Governor) will be the first Native American woman governor ever. Which is pretty cool.  :)
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Valmy

Really happy we got a midwestern type Union guy on the ballot. That will not only really help with the midwestern vote but also signals the return to focusing on working people by the Democrats, which is really important in this age of populism.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Maladict

Legbiter

Quote from: Valmy on August 06, 2024, 10:08:11 AMReally happy we got a midwestern type Union guy on the ballot.

Yeah he'll hopefully bring with him the entire Lutheran steppe khanate.  :hmm:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Razgovory

Pdox forums like it.  The Euros are relieved that there is no Jews on the ticket.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on August 06, 2024, 12:06:31 PMPdox forums like it.  The Euros are relieved that there is no Jews on the ticket.

Well, Kamala's husband...
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."