If you were Kamala Harris, who would you choose to be your VP

Started by jimmy olsen, July 23, 2024, 08:19:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

If you were Kamala Harris, who would you choose to be your VP?

Mark Kelly - Senator from Arizona
10 (38.5%)
Josh Shapiro - Governor of Pennsylvania
4 (15.4%)
Roy Cooper - Governor of North Carolina
1 (3.8%)
Andy Beshear - Governor of Kentucky
5 (19.2%)
Pete Buttigieg - Secretary of Transportation
1 (3.8%)
JB Pritzker - Governor of Illinois
1 (3.8%)
Gretchen Whitmer - Governor of Michigan
3 (11.5%)
Other - List who and why
1 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 26

grumbler

Quote from: Razgovory on August 06, 2024, 04:49:08 PMI just saw Shapiro's speech in Philadelphia.  The guy is a fantastic speaker.

And the resemblance of his voice to Obama's can be disconcerting.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Jacob on August 06, 2024, 04:43:53 PMPresumably their votes are still being contested, so having someone that appeals to them is better than not.

I can't tell you why Walz would be more (or less) effective than Biden, though.

Walz is far closer to being one of them than any candidate in recent memory.  For a lot of them, coaching a high school football team to a state championship is more impressive than getting a law degree.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

crazy canuck

Quote from: grumbler on August 06, 2024, 06:06:00 PM
Quote from: Jacob on August 06, 2024, 04:43:53 PMPresumably their votes are still being contested, so having someone that appeals to them is better than not.

I can't tell you why Walz would be more (or less) effective than Biden, though.

Walz is far closer to being one of them than any candidate in recent memory.  For a lot of them, coaching a high school football team to a state championship is more impressive than getting a law degree.

I also think so to be honest.

Josquius

Sounds like it could make for some fun snippets if he can draw out trump/vance into a sports related talk when they seem like they may not even know the basic rules of American football.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 06, 2024, 03:59:52 PM
Quote from: Valmy on August 06, 2024, 01:54:48 PMAnd we did to some extent, that was the key to his popularity to the extent he was popular. He had a long career associated with third-way policies working against him though.

Did we?  I'm not aware of any polls showing movement of high school educated males moving to the blue column.  I am aware of polls showing senior citizens defecting from Trump because of his dysfunctional handling of covid.

I worry that Democrats tell themselves if they support unions and raising the minimum wage this will equate to "fighting for the working man."  The blue collar guys I know aren't crazy about unions, often see them unfairly pampered competitors, and aren't affected by the minimum wage.

Oh so if we really want to help working people we should work to suppress wages? Is that what these blue collar guys want?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on August 07, 2024, 11:07:16 AMOh so if we really want to help working people we should work to suppress wages? Is that what these blue collar guys want?

My hunch is this is not the only other option.

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 07, 2024, 04:34:30 PM
Quote from: Valmy on August 07, 2024, 11:07:16 AMOh so if we really want to help working people we should work to suppress wages? Is that what these blue collar guys want?

My hunch is this is not the only other option.

Mine is to, hence why I asked  :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."