News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

EURO 2024

Started by Duque de Bragança, May 16, 2024, 05:42:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

I'm not sure what to think now.  I'm still pretty sure Spain is going to take this, but I didn't expect England to come out yesterday and, for once, play like they actually belonged here.

Josephus

No consolation final?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

HVC

Quote from: Josephus on July 13, 2024, 09:13:28 AMNo consolation final?

I don't ever remember there being a 3rd place game for the Euros?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Norgy

There is still some residual anger in me that Norway, with Ødegaard and Haaland, did not make this championship. And, fair warning, here is a few lines of rant:
Ødegaard is the best Norwegian player I have seen. I thought when he signed for Real Madrid at what, 12, that there is one more talent wasted. At Arsenal, he grew into a superb provider and playmaker, a real number 10. Haaland knows one thing, and that's where the goal is.

I have not been impressed much by any of the teams this year. The Swiss were actually fun to watch, and that is a sign of doom when anything Swiss is entertaining without offering a tax break or a secret bank account.Or being called Toblerone. England stepped up in the semis. They, unlike before, have very talented players yet waiting to be used properly. The weakness is Pickford.

I am fairly certain England's going to throw it away, blow it away etc once more. But at least they'll do with players earning collectively more per month than Burkina Faso's GDP. So don't say the Tories did nothing in their 14 years.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: HVC on July 13, 2024, 09:29:23 AM
Quote from: Josephus on July 13, 2024, 09:13:28 AMNo consolation final?

I don't ever remember there being a 3rd place game for the Euros?

You would have to be around in 1980 to remember it. :P

Zoupa

I predict 3-0 to Spain. It won't even be close.

celedhring

Don't jinx us please  :P

Duque de Bragança

Tonight, we are all Iberians.  :P

Norgy

Spain will win. I think. But this has been a forgettable tournament for the outsider.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Tamas

Come on England, for King and Country and for the bank Holiday!

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Tamas on July 14, 2024, 02:36:46 PMCome on England, for King and Country and for the bank Holiday!

They're coming home!  :D

HVC

The football gods kept things balanced and true.

HVC

Wish the kid scored, but an assist will do.

Duque de Bragança

A much better second half, that goes without saying.  :P Great goals.
French referee did not screw up à la Marc Bata(rd) or Tony Chapron (penalty forgotten in the first half?  :hmm: ).