News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

EURO 2024

Started by Duque de Bragança, May 16, 2024, 05:42:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on June 27, 2024, 08:59:42 AM
Quote from: Josquius on June 27, 2024, 07:52:17 AMI do think France will come alive.

I sure hope so. Right now watching them play is a great sleep aid.

Yep

HVC

Quote from: Josquius on June 27, 2024, 07:52:17 AMI do think France will come alive.

Has France ever been super exciting? I mean they're not Italy level, but I don't ever recall being thrilled.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Quote from: HVC on June 27, 2024, 09:48:40 AM

Has France ever been super exciting? I mean they're not Italy level, but I don't ever recall being thrilled.

Yes? Usually? I mean I found them super exciting in the 2022 World Cup. I have to go back about 20 years to find them this dull.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Valmy on June 27, 2024, 09:56:01 AM
Quote from: HVC on June 27, 2024, 09:48:40 AM

Yes? Usually? I mean I found them super exciting in the 2022 World Cup. I have to go back about 20 years to find them this dull.

Not really. It's been the rule under Deschamps; see Denmark-France in 2018 for instance.  :P
As for les Bleus being exciting, that's for the old ones so 1958 :D, 1982 to 1986 I would say.

Valmy

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 27, 2024, 10:11:10 AMNot really. It's been the rule under Deschamps; see Denmark-France in 2018 for instance.  :P
As for les Bleus being exciting, that's for the old ones so 1958 :D, 1982 to 1986 I would say.

Well yeah, France already won the first two games. They were just trying not to lose against Denmark

As for the 1980s, I have been entertained plenty by Platini's corruption controversies I don't need to watch him play.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Valmy on June 27, 2024, 10:16:28 AM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 27, 2024, 10:11:10 AMNot really. It's been the rule under Deschamps; see Denmark-France in 2018 for instance.  :P

Well yeah, France already won the first two games. They were just trying not to lose against Denmark

As for the 1980s, I have been entertained plenty by Platini's corruption controversies I don't need to watch him play.

I'd rather watch him play football than have him ruining the game at UEFA level (Europe-wide tournament; 16 to 24 etc.), not just by corruption with his buddy Blatter a.k.a the greedy gnome of Zurich.  :D

HVC

Nice goal. Although should have waited until second day half since now Italy might wake up and not play for a tie  :ph34r:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Josquius

Italy are weak at the moment. Switzerland on the other hand are in a bit of a golden (well. Silver at least) generation.
██████
██████
██████

Gups

Italy have been truly awful

HVC

And I was gonna pick the Swiss too, but second guessed myself :(

HVC

Quote from: Gups on June 29, 2024, 12:02:12 PMItaly have been truly awful

60 minutes in and not a shot on goal

Josephus

Quote from: HVC on June 29, 2024, 12:13:00 PMAnd I was gonna pick the Swiss too, but second guessed myself :(

Me too.  We are both sucking
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

HVC

Quote from: Josephus on June 29, 2024, 12:30:17 PM
Quote from: HVC on June 29, 2024, 12:13:00 PMAnd I was gonna pick the Swiss too, but second guessed myself :(

Me too.  We are both sucking

:hug:

Josquius

Completely irrelevant but I thought the bbc presenters were in a studio with computer graphics to make it look like they were on top of the Brandenburg Gate.
Turns out somehow they're there for real.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Well I didn't see that one coming