News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

EURO 2024

Started by Duque de Bragança, May 16, 2024, 05:42:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanza

Quote from: Josquius on June 29, 2024, 12:59:13 PMCompletely irrelevant but I thought the bbc presenters were in a studio with computer graphics to make it look like they were on top of the Brandenburg Gate.
Turns out somehow they're there for real.
The pictures I find online looks like their studio is on Pariser Platz (one Side of which is the Brandenburg Gate and which also has the US and French embassy), but not on the Brandenburg Gate itself. 

Zanza

That stadium roof seems poorly constructed.

Josephus

Quote from: Zanza on June 29, 2024, 02:46:11 PMThat stadium roof seems poorly constructed.

Needs a dome
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

HVC

So, short suspension or reschedule?

Edit* NVM out they come.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

HVC

Feel bad for denmark. From thinking your winning to knowing you're losing in a few minutes is tough.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Jacob

Wasn't awesome, no.

Zanza

I am not following football anymore, but the extremely strict rules that led to Denmark's goal not counting because the player was supposedly a centimeter or so offside and the hand penalty where the touch seemed both unintended and inconsequential seem way over the top. The referee together with technology just executed the rules, but the rules seem too strict now.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Zanza on June 29, 2024, 10:23:23 PMThe extremely strict rules that led to Denmark's goal not counting because the player was supposedly a centimeter or so offside and the hand penalty where the touch seemed both unintended and inconsequential seem way over the top. The referee together with technology just executed the rules, but the rules seem too strict now.

Ditto.

Josquius

Yes. It is really annoying but at the same time the line has to be drawn somewhere for off side.
 If it was drawn at say 90% of the body onside is OK then that would just lead to iffy decisions with different parts poking out and this extreme being pushed to the max.
In essence the complaint is the rules are being applied too consistently which.... Well yeah. Objectively wrong.
The only solutions that come to mind are ridiculous and overly engineered and would inevitably also be exploited to the max.

As to handball, this definitely does need toning down.
██████
██████
██████

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: HVC on June 29, 2024, 12:13:00 PMAnd I was gonna pick the Swiss too, but second guessed myself :(

I thought Torontan grudges would give you an anti-Italian bias?  :D

Tamas

Wasn't this referee team English? It is fitting they continue their incompetent havoc with VAR, even outside the Premiership.

HVC

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 30, 2024, 04:57:26 AM
Quote from: HVC on June 29, 2024, 12:13:00 PMAnd I was gonna pick the Swiss too, but second guessed myself :(

I thought Torontan grudges would give you an anti-Italian bias?  :D

This pool has made me begrudgingly cheer on teams far too many times :D

Sheilbh

In a surprise to literally no one -  no changes by Southgate :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

HVC

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 30, 2024, 10:39:26 AMIn a surprise to literally no one -  no changes by Southgate :lol:

Highest paid coach in the tournament :D

Sheilbh

Apologies, one change.
Let's bomb Russia!