News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

EURO 2024

Started by Duque de Bragança, May 16, 2024, 05:42:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Poland equalises, as well. :D

Austria had a goal disallowed (off-side).

Josquius

So Austria are good now?

This tournament is annoying. I'm too used to the world cup halfway across the world with games on during the day to watch while I work.
The timing of these means I never get to see them <_<
██████
██████
██████

Duque de Bragança

Getting to the round of 16 is not really a surprise for this Austrian squad.
As the first of the group, it is, however.

Valmy

At least France scored a goal.

A moment of Austrian glory not seen since the days of Prince Eugene of Savoy.

And a really shitty start to the day for my picks  :lol:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Valmy on June 25, 2024, 01:12:29 PMAt least France scored a goal.

A moment of Austrian glory not seen since the days of Prince Eugene of Savoy.

And a really shitty start to the day for my picks  :lol:

Like Louis XIV's France with Prince Eugene, France could use the best Austrian. :P

HVC

Ugh, portugal is in a bad knockouts spot. On the side of France, Spain, and Germany.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: HVC on June 25, 2024, 01:30:05 PMUgh, portugal is in a bad knockouts spot. On the side of France, Spain, and Germany.

All of them are, not just Portugal. :P

HVC

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 25, 2024, 01:32:52 PM
Quote from: HVC on June 25, 2024, 01:30:05 PMUgh, portugal is in a bad knockouts spot. On the side of France, Spain, and Germany.

All of them are, not just Portugal. :P

Don't care about the other ones :D

looks like Italy will have an easy ride.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

FunkMonk

Alexi Lalas is the OvB of football commentary. Just utter excrement.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Syt

Austrian football fans, for whom the biggest glory has been kicking our Germany in the 1978 World Cup, will be insufferable. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Syt on June 25, 2024, 01:44:34 PMAustrian football fans, for whom the biggest glory has been kicking our Germany in the 1978 World Cup, will be insufferable. :P

I saw some rejoicing over the Batavians losing to Austria, by the Germans at the hostel.  :D

Valmy

Quote from: FunkMonk on June 25, 2024, 01:40:32 PMAlexi Lalas is the OvB of football commentary. Just utter excrement.

It is amazing how far one can get just by having distinctive hair and no other positive attributes.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

HVC

Valmy

Quote from: HVC on June 25, 2024, 02:01:33 PMWhat'd he do?

I have no idea. He was just a mediocre player who got famous for looking a certain way, and we have had to endure his weird celebrity status ever since.

Zoupa

I didn't think it was possible, but England play an even slower and more boring game than France. Wow.