News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

EURO 2024

Started by Duque de Bragança, May 16, 2024, 05:42:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Sheilbh

Georgia! :w00t:

Edit: Best country I've ever visited as a tourist, first time in the Euros - love this :)

Edit: Also Tbilisi went wild when they qualified - and apparently Georgia's games have been getting a 90% TV audience. If they hold onto this lead it'll be crazy tonight.
Let's bomb Russia!

HVC

So they've beaten Cyprus and portugal lol

I mean, good for them on their first euros. Although the underdog of my heart was albania.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

HVC

In more pool news, God damn you  turkey.

Sheilbh

Don't understand how the third place thing was worked out but next round:
QuoteSwitzerland v Italy
    Germany v Denmark
    England v Slovakia
    Spain v Georgia
    France v Belgium
    Portugal v Slovenia
    Romania v Netherlands
    Austria v Turkey
Let's bomb Russia!

HVC

Looks like Italy is going to the finals :D

Josquius

I thought England was getting the Dutch.
This third place thing is so stupid.

I fancy the Swiss over Italy.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Ugh, Slovakia. Southgate will again turn on the "it's a small team so make sure you don't get counterattacked, you are bound to happenstance on a goal eventually" strategy.

Josephus

Yup England lose on penalties
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josquius

Despite the email I got from the picks thing sounding like dodgy marketing I went on to pick for the second round- what the hell I thought, why not, lets be last place in style. Doubtless everyone else put some thought into this and has updated their picks as form became clear after the first game or two...
Nope.
I'm not in last place. Wow.

██████
██████
██████

crazy canuck

Other than maybe the Spain Georgia game, those matchups have all the promise of the excitement of watching paint dry.

Josquius

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 27, 2024, 07:39:55 AMOther than maybe the Spain Georgia game, those matchups have all the promise of the excitement of watching paint dry.

France-Belgium is a obvious one that should be good. Rivals and both recently great. Belgium shall be embarrassed.

Switzerland-Italy should be decent.
Two lower-good teams and kind of a local rivalry going on.

Germany-Denmark may be promising too, provided Denmark doesn't completely park the bus.
██████
██████
██████

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josquius on June 27, 2024, 07:44:07 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on June 27, 2024, 07:39:55 AMOther than maybe the Spain Georgia game, those matchups have all the promise of the excitement of watching paint dry.

France-Belgium is a obvious one that should be good. Rivals and both recently great. Belgium shall be embarrassed.

Germany-Denmark may be promising too, provided Denmark doesn't completely park the bus.

France Belgium is the one I think will be the most boring based on how the teams have played in this tournament.  You might be thinking about the matchup happening years ago - when the Belgian side last played well.

Josquius

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 27, 2024, 07:48:28 AM
Quote from: Josquius on June 27, 2024, 07:44:07 AM

France Belgium is the one I think will be the most boring based on how the teams have played in this tournament.  You might be thinking about the matchup happening years ago - when the Belgian side last played well.

The group stages were unimportant. It was far more important not to lose than to win.
Winning is the only option in the knockouts. I do think France will come alive. Belgium will try but they're not the team they were a few years ago.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: Josquius on June 27, 2024, 07:52:17 AMI do think France will come alive.

I sure hope so. Right now watching them play is a great sleep aid.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."