News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Israel-Hamas War 2023

Started by Zanza, October 07, 2023, 04:56:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Quote from: Norgy on August 02, 2024, 12:08:01 PMI'm fine with the Balkans. Women love me there.  :uffda:  :perv:

Check your pockets :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Norgy

Quote from: HVC on August 02, 2024, 12:12:27 PM
Quote from: Norgy on August 02, 2024, 12:08:01 PMI'm fine with the Balkans. Women love me there.  :uffda:  :perv:

Check your pockets :P

All I have are a pack of cigarettes, some condoms and my... oh, fuck you Natasha

Norgy

Fair criticism, Beeb. I stand corrected.

Barrister

Quote from: Norgy on August 02, 2024, 12:42:38 PMFair criticism, Beeb. I stand corrected.

A very un-Languish-like response.  :mellow:

Not sure if you're actually agreeing, or just don't want to get into a debate with me.  Either is obviously 100% fine though.

Glad you're sticking around at least in the short-term, hopefully for the long-term. :hug:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Norgy

Quote from: Barrister on August 02, 2024, 02:39:17 PM
Quote from: Norgy on August 02, 2024, 12:42:38 PMFair criticism, Beeb. I stand corrected.

A very un-Languish-like response.  :mellow:

Not sure if you're actually agreeing, or just don't want to get into a debate with me.  Either is obviously 100% fine though.

Glad you're sticking around at least in the short-term, hopefully for the long-term. :hug:

No, I actually found your criticism fair. Of course there will be elements I am to blinkered to see.

I will stick around. I like it here. You're a good bunch, all of you. Even when I disagree with you at times.
 :hug:

Crazy_Ivan80

Just a tiny remark in regards to a post Barrister made a bit back about isis being gone.

Isis isn't gone. Very much not so.

Tamas

Twice in a month, Anne Frank's memorial statue has been vandalised by "pro-Gaza" people.

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on August 02, 2024, 12:10:44 PMbut seems highly unlikely to be sheltering terrorists that might threaten the US.
It's only been 2 years.  It took a decade last time for Al-Queida to be able to strike with a major offensive.  And they had other bases of operations.

Also, their funding didn't come from Afghanistan...
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Solmyr

So Iran might strike today...

crazy canuck

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on August 04, 2024, 04:25:48 AMJust a tiny remark in regards to a post Barrister made a bit back about isis being gone.

Isis isn't gone. Very much not so.

He might have meant they are no longer a physical state actor?

That is the problem with having a war goal as ambiguous as "destroying" a terrorist organization.  At what point are they destroyed-if ever.

Josquius

Yes. Kind of case in point for some of the naiive talk of Israel not stopping until Hamas is destroyed.
That isn't happening short of genocide.
There'll always be some cell continuing on.
██████
██████
██████

viper37

Quote from: Josquius on August 05, 2024, 09:31:53 AMThat isn't happening short of genocide.

But that's the goal of this war.  Getting rid of the Palestinian problem once and for all, one way or the other.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

OttoVonBismarck

Eh, ISIS and Al Qaeda largely were destroyed. The pre-9/11 version of Al Qaeda, the one that planned and executed 9/11, largely no longer existed by 2007 or so. The version of ISIS that took over vast swathes of Syria and Iraq, including Mosul, also no longer exists.

The leadership is all different now, their operations are different. In many cases the only continuing thread is just reuse of an old name.

It is like saying the Ku Klux Klan wasn't rooted out in the 1800s because it reappeared in the early 1900s and then again in the 1950s-60s. But those three iterations of the Klan have little connective tissue as organizations. Different leadership, different methods, wholly new organizations etc.

Like literally anyone can say they are "Hamas", that isn't what anyone is talking about, they are talking about operational Hamas as it existed on 10-7 and perpetrated the attack. Not "any random group of evil Muslims waving the Hamas flag."

Oexmelin

Israeli Finance Minister Smotrich: Starving Gazans 'To Death' May Be Moral, but World Won't Let Us

The far-right minister said at a right-wing conference that the current proposal for a deal with Hamas 'would only return a few captives and seal the fate of most of them'

From Haaretz.

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/2024-08-05/ty-article/israeli-finance-minister-starving-gazans-to-death-may-be-moral-but-world-wont-let-us/00000191-22e1-dd23-a7dd-2aed4b050000

Que le grand cric me croque !

viper37

Quote from: Oexmelin on August 05, 2024, 09:43:46 PMIsraeli Finance Minister Smotrich: Starving Gazans 'To Death' May Be Moral, but World Won't Let Us
Poor Israel.  Everyone is always against them.  All full of vicious anti semites threatening them for no reasons.  The UN, the ICJ, and now the entire world.  It's hard to be Israel.