Refractory Gauls, or the French politics thread

Started by Duque de Bragança, June 26, 2021, 11:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on July 02, 2024, 12:48:45 PM
Quote from: Tamas on July 02, 2024, 12:06:27 PMFuck France we need to avoid having a Putin-cock sucker in charge of it.

Melenchon is no better. And he's a hamas cock-sucker as well

I thought he was talking about Mélenchon.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas

Quote from: Valmy on July 02, 2024, 01:17:21 PM
Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on July 02, 2024, 12:48:45 PM
Quote from: Tamas on July 02, 2024, 12:06:27 PMFuck France we need to avoid having a Putin-cock sucker in charge of it.

Melenchon is no better. And he's a hamas cock-sucker as well

I thought he was talking about Mélenchon.

Yes I was. I guess the guys answered our question whether Le Pen is Putinist as well.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Tamas on July 02, 2024, 01:48:24 PMYes I was. I guess the guys answered our question whether Le Pen is Putinist as well.

RN probably is, might have distanced themselves a bit but who can be sure if it's sincere.
Not sure to what extent the euros will maintain support for Ukraine should Trump win, but that's not a new concern

Josquius

Isn't scaremongering about melenchon key to the fascists building support?
Age old tactics.
But his actual prospects of getting anywhere are very low right? - and if the stars aligned and  he somehow did win it would be with a coalition that neuters him significantly.
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

He is running second and leads the largest party in the NPF. As I say I think it's Europe's nightmare that 2027 is Melenchon v Le Pen and I think that is increasingly likely. He is problematic not least on Putin - however this coyness about Le Pen whose party was literally funded by Russian loans is disingenuous at best. Le Pen has already been raising questions pushing the constitutional role of the government v the President in relation to foreign and defence policy.

As you say Melenchon will be constrained as part of the NPF by other parts of the left. But more fundamentally the RN likely PM has basically said that French citizens with a foreign heritage basically have nothing to fear as long as they behave.

I think it's bullshit to have any equivalence between a literal far right party and a broad coalition of all parties of the left. There shouldn't be any equivocating by Macron or anyone else. One side is democratic politics with universal values and the other isn't.
Let's bomb Russia!

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Josquius on July 02, 2024, 03:40:57 PMIsn't scaremongering about melenchon key to the fascists building support?
Age old tactics.
But his actual prospects of getting anywhere are very low right? - and if the stars aligned and  he somehow did win it would be with a coalition that neuters him significantly.

No that's  just you being in denial

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 02, 2024, 03:50:02 PMHe is running second and leads the largest party in the NPF. As I say I think it's Europe's nightmare that 2027 is Melenchon v Le Pen and I think that is increasingly likely. He is problematic not least on Putin - however this coyness about Le Pen whose party was literally funded by Russian loans is disingenuous at best. Le Pen has already been raising questions pushing the constitutional role of the government v the President in relation to foreign and defence policy.

As you say Melenchon will be constrained as part of the NPF by other parts of the left. But more fundamentally the RN likely PM has basically said that French citizens with a foreign heritage basically have nothing to fear as long as they behave.

I think it's bullshit to have any equivalence between a literal far right party and a broad coalition of all parties of the left. There shouldn't be any equivocating by Macron or anyone else. One side is democratic politics with universal values and the other isn't.

Not really bs IMHO since the parties cooperating with the extreme left show that they care not about democratic hygiene or cordons sanitaires. If they did they wouldn't be cooperating with undemocratic parties, left or right.
So it's just about power and it's pretty much okay if their brand of authoritarianism gets into power.
Making, in other words, their outrage about that guy from les républicains (iirc) proposing to join forces with rn a load of hokum.

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

:bleeding:  :bleeding:  :bleeding:

Yeah, that's how it has always been. France just does whatever Washington tells it to do.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Valmy on July 03, 2024, 05:30:07 PM:bleeding:  :bleeding:  :bleeding:

Yeah, that's how it has always been. France just does whatever Washington tells it to do.

Broad agreement between the left and right on this one. :)  :frog: :D