Refractory Gauls, or the French politics thread

Started by Duque de Bragança, June 26, 2021, 11:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

My flat is terribly insulated, which I'll say it is actually a good thing over here  :P

Sheilbh

So far over 160 third or lower placed candidates have stepped down to help block the RN - 120 NPF, 45 LREM (which will only step down for the "democratic and republican" left) and a Republican.
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

That sounds good.
Were the left mostly in 3rd place? Seems unfair they're standing aside so much more.
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

No, the left came second. They're standing aside everywhere where they're not first or second. Macron's party are standing aside where there is a PS or Green candidate (or, I think, anti-Ciotti Republican) in first or second, but not for LFI (largest party in the NPF) or Communists.
Let's bomb Russia!

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 01, 2024, 04:38:11 PMNo, the left came second. They're standing aside everywhere where they're not first or second. Macron's party are standing aside  :mad:  :lol: where there is a PS or Green candidate (or, I think, anti-Ciotti Republican) in first or second, but not for LFI (largest party in the NPF) or Communists.

LFI is confirmed as no, but communistd are fine.  :lol:

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 01, 2024, 04:38:11 PMNo, the left came second. They're standing aside everywhere where they're not first or second. Macron's party are standing aside where there is a PS or Green candidate (or, I think, anti-Ciotti Republican) in first or second, but not for LFI (largest party in the NPF) or Communists.

I am a little worried Macron is going to hand this thing to Le Pen if he does this.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Valmy on July 02, 2024, 11:50:51 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on July 01, 2024, 04:38:11 PMNo, the left came second. They're standing aside everywhere where they're not first or second. Macron's party are standing aside where there is a PS or Green candidate (or, I think, anti-Ciotti Republican) in first or second, but not for LFI (largest party in the NPF) or Communists.

I am a little worried Macron is going to hand this thing to Le Pen if he does this.

Better le pen then melenchon, if those are the options

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on June 30, 2024, 03:48:54 PMWhat kind of crazy voting does France have?  Triangles?  Duels?

This video explains it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1UlXVomJq0

Triangles are fairly rare. Quadrangles are virtually unheard of. Duels are basically just like our runoff elections.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Josquius

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on July 02, 2024, 11:53:38 AM
Quote from: Valmy on July 02, 2024, 11:50:51 AM

Better le pen then melenchon, if those are the options

From what I understand of him, melenchon is shit. Quite the Putin apologist, eurosceptic, and really old school in his views about women-I've heard a lot of a controversy he was involved with in supporting a particularly nasty friend.

But compared to Le Pen? He doesn't strike me as a threat to France.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Fuck France we need to avoid having a Putin-cock sucker in charge of it.

Valmy

Mélenchon isn't exactly Léon Blum despite both leading front populaires.

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on July 02, 2024, 12:06:27 PMFuck France we need to avoid having a Putin-cock sucker in charge of it.

How does Le Pen feel about Uncle Vlad?

Tamas

Quote from: Valmy on July 02, 2024, 12:07:45 PM
Quote from: Tamas on July 02, 2024, 12:06:27 PMFuck France we need to avoid having a Putin-cock sucker in charge of it.

How does Le Pen feel about Uncle Vlad?

Well now that you mention it l, 0rban financed Le Pen's organisation not too long ago so there must be a link there.

Crazy_Ivan80

Melenchon is no better. And he's a hamas cock-sucker as well

Quote from: Josquius on July 02, 2024, 12:03:19 PMBut compared to Le Pen? He doesn't strike me as a threat to France.

and that's where you're mistaken

Duque de Bragança

You get an even worse one at that with Mélenchon, of the selective anti-imperialist variety.
Plus islamo-leftist.
Make your pick.