Coronavirus Sars-CoV-2/Covid-19 Megathread

Started by Syt, January 18, 2020, 09:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Quote from: HVC on November 15, 2021, 04:46:07 PM
Quote from: Jacob on November 09, 2021, 07:30:16 PM
Amusing (if you're not involved) tales of China's hardcore approach... guy goes out with a GREEN QR code does whatever he has to do. Gets on a bus. Oh no, somewhere along the way his QR code has changed to RED. The entire bus, and everyone on it, drives directly to a quarantine station where they will be confined for two weeks.

Apparently the government is also breaking into the apartments of the quarantined to disinfect them. Disinfecting also means kills pets by beating them to death.
Wow.
Fuck China.
Have to wonder quite why they'd be so evil rather than just shooting them.
██████
██████
██████

viper37

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on November 15, 2021, 09:46:28 AM
So Jupiter, probably advised by Æsculapius, announced booster shots will be available to all, not just people > 65. People over 65 will need the booster shot to keep their health pass. Not sure about the others, but it could change if need be, if it's not compulsory yet.

Can't get mine before the end of December since I got my second shot in the end of June.
I am unsure of the use/necessity of a 3rd vaccine shot aimed at the original strain.  Experts seems to recommend we wait out to get a booster shot specifically aimed at the delta variant.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 15, 2021, 04:28:25 PM
Quick show of hands: who here is masking at work and who is not?
No mask unless we need to be closer than 1m.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Disinfecting also means kills pets by beating them to death.

That's how planet of the Apes began: cats&dogs were killed following an epidemic, humans adopted apes as their new pets/servants.   :ph34r:

HVC

Quote from: Tyr on November 15, 2021, 04:57:03 PM
Quote from: Jacob on November 09, 2021, 07:30:16 PM
Amusing (if you're not involved) tales of China's hardcore approach... guy goes out with a GREEN QR code does whatever he has to do. Gets on a bus. Oh no, somewhere along the way his QR code has changed to RED. The entire bus, and everyone on it, drives directly to a quarantine station where they will be confined for two weeks.

Apparently the government is also breaking into the apartments of the quarantined to disinfect them. Disinfecting also means kills pets by beating them to death.
Wow.
Fuck China.
Have to wonder quite why they'd be so evil rather than just shooting them.

Clean up crew isn't armed. But they do have crowbars.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

celedhring

Indoors masking is still mandatory here. At work you can take it off if you're at your work station and there's enough distance (1.5m) with others.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: HVC on November 15, 2021, 04:31:00 PM
Masking in shared space, no mask in my office (unless someone is in there with me). Also filling out a online questionnaire every morning.

Same here.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Sheilbh

Masking as required which is when walking about the office/canteen/tea points but not when I'm at my desk/in a conference room. I believe the monitors are more spaced out.

In 2-3 days a week but it is voluntary now.

I saw this from John Burn-Murdoch, which surprised me - obviously there are far worse bits of Eastern Europe - but in my head Germany is a very sensible country so it seems surprising. It also shows the absolute triumph of Macron's vaccine passport scheme (and bravo Portugal :w00t:):

A wave of covid is different when there's high levels of vaccination in the population - but given vaccine waning the key is boosters for the vulnerable as ethically problematic as that is on a global scale. At least until the Merck and Pfizer treatments come online in a big way I think we'll be in a cycle of endemicity with annual booster shots (especially for the vulnerable).

Not sure how it's going in Europe but it's not been great here and I think there's about 6 million people who are eligible for a booster who haven't had one <_<
Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

Couple of days ago was when I was kind of rushing to a place where masking was mandatory and I forgot to bring one. Luckily I had a spare in the car, but it was the first time when mask wearing just slipped my mind completely.

Josquius

There's mandatory mask places still around? :o
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Quote from: Tyr on November 15, 2021, 07:06:23 PM
There's mandatory mask places still around? :o

My kids wear masks all day in school.

My work place has some mask rules. Not up to date on the details. I still haven't worked in the office since March 13 2020.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Zanza

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 15, 2021, 06:19:24 PM
I saw this from John Burn-Murdoch, which surprised me - obviously there are far worse bits of Eastern Europe - but in my head Germany is a very sensible country so it seems surprising.
The scariest part about the pandemic is not the virus, but the realization just how many idiots we have in our society.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Maladict

viper37