Coronavirus Sars-CoV-2/Covid-19 Megathread

Started by Syt, January 18, 2020, 09:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanza

Quote from: Syt on November 19, 2021, 04:02:37 AM
Also rumors of a vaccination mandate starting Feb 1st.

EDIT: Mandate is confirmed.

Lockdown as said 10 days with an optional extra 10 days with no further extensions. Afterwards lockdown for non-vaccinated. Surprisingly frank language by Chancellor Schallenberg - too many people refuse to show solidarity, influenced by extremist parties and fake news on social media, so vaccine mandate is necessary.
I wonder how long that will take here. I am in favor of a general vaccination mandate.

DGuller

Would be good to finally have a real world example as to what happens when everyone is vaccinated.

The Brain

Quote from: DGuller on November 19, 2021, 08:42:18 AM
Would be good to finally have a real world example as to what happens when everyone is vaccinated.

Probably the singularity.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Zanza

Partial lockdowns in Germany now, especially in Bavaria.

The Brain

Barrister

Pfizer vaccine approved for kids ages 5-11 today in Canada. :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Jacob

Syt

In Linz two 16 year olds and a 20 year old have confessed torching a police car because the police helps enforcing Covid rules. Based on their chat messages they also discussed torching a policeman.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DGuller

Are there any statistics on the vaccination status breakdown among infected during the latest wave in Germany and Austria?  It's probably going to say more of the same, but I wonder if someone studied what was going on specifically in the last week or two.

Syt

Quote from: DGuller on November 19, 2021, 02:26:24 PM
Are there any statistics on the vaccination status breakdown among infected during the latest wave in Germany and Austria?  It's probably going to say more of the same, but I wonder if someone studied what was going on specifically in the last week or two.

Here it's for Austria based on age group and vaccination status. The gray area is labeled "incomplete data":

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

DGuller

Thanks!  Is the y-axis a count or a rate?

The Brain

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Zanza

Quote from: DGuller on November 19, 2021, 02:26:24 PM
Some German states publish the figures of vaccinated vs unvaccinated.  The case rate is between three and twenty times as high among the unvaccinated. 

Syt

Pretty much any group that has something to complain about Covid measures or vaccinations has scheduled protests in Vienna today, so there'll be thousands of them running around the inner city today. Rules are that they need to wear FFP2 masks; let's see how that goes. Some fringe groups have called for violent resistance to the scheduled vaccination mandate, so police is on high alert, and vaccination locations are under increased protection.

On top of that, people will likely crowd into shopping streets, shops and malls to enjoy one last day of money spending before everything will be closed.

Since I live near the center, and therefore there'll likely be lots of tfoot traffic to/from the demonstration in my area, I guess I'll stay inside. Thankfully, I did all my shopping during the week.
—Stephen Jay Gould