Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

mongers

Quoting Tyr's post in another thread:

Quote from: Tyr on November 06, 2021, 12:46:14 PM
I was at a concert on Wednesday. Was totally like pre pandemic times. Winter lockdown here we come.

I don't think it'll happen, too politically damaging; Johnson will prefer to pile up the bodies and part-wreck the NHS than admit partial failure.   
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

celedhring

I just caught my first cold (I hope :ph34r:) since the pandemic began.

Got it from my mother when I visited my parents this weekend.

Jacob

Amusing (if you're not involved) tales of China's hardcore approach... guy goes out with a GREEN QR code does whatever he has to do. Gets on a bus. Oh no, somewhere along the way his QR code has changed to RED. The entire bus, and everyone on it, drives directly to a quarantine station where they will be confined for two weeks.

Jacob

Apparently in Singapore they'll shortly be moving to people having to pay for the health care costs they incur from Covid if they've chosen not to be vaccinated.

Syt

Went to my doctor for the results of my blood annual (lose weight, eat less meat, drink more liquids, get more Vitamin D, have your liver checked).

We talked a bit about the Covid situation, and he said it's so frustrating how cavalier some people are about the disease and/or refuse to get vaccinated. He lost 3 unvaccinated patients last week:
- a 25 year old pregnant woman (the child survived)
- a 30 year old young man - he had refused to get the vaccine, and when he fell ill he stayed home, hoping it would get better
- an older guy with a lung condition who had been one month into requirement; he had proudly shown the doc a picture of him with "a prominent Vienna politician who rails against the vaccination"

Several of his vaccinated patients caught it, too, but they all had mild cases, if they had symptoms at all.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sheilbh

Re. every country experiencing the pandemic along - this article in the Guardian about the care sector being set to lose 50,000 staff when the upcoming vaccine mandate for workers in that sector takes effect:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/nov/10/care-homes-in-england-set-to-lose-50000-staff-as-covid-vaccine-becomes-mandatory

That would probably be really damaging for the sector. It's a shame that the article absolutely ignores the experience of other countries that have introduced measures like this such as France, Italy and the US which have seen overheated articles about the risk of tens of thousands of workers leaving rather than getting vaccinated. But in the real world experience of those countries the number who actually do is tiny.

No doubt we'll go through the same rigamarole when the NHS vaccine mandate takes effect (in April :bleeding:).
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

Quote from: Syt on November 10, 2021, 12:56:44 PM
Went to my doctor for the results of my blood annual (lose weight, eat less meat, drink more liquids, get more Vitamin D, have your liver checked).

We talked a bit about the Covid situation, and he said it's so frustrating how cavalier some people are about the disease and/or refuse to get vaccinated. He lost 3 unvaccinated patients last week:
- a 25 year old pregnant woman (the child survived)
- a 30 year old young man - he had refused to get the vaccine, and when he fell ill he stayed home, hoping it would get better
- an older guy with a lung condition who had been one month into requirement; he had proudly shown the doc a picture of him with "a prominent Vienna politician who rails against the vaccination"

Several of his vaccinated patients caught it, too, but they all had mild cases, if they had symptoms at all.
I feel sorry for the baby.
But have to say in a way its nice to see karma at work. All too often it's not people who swallowed the anti vax shit dying; they're just spreading it to those who can't be vaccinated or who even with the vaccine develop a bad version.
If you decide you want to play with fire then I'll try to dissuade you but if that doesn't work then just make sure it's only yourself you're burning.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

What do you mean by "into requirement" Syt?

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

While Germany experiences record numbers of infections, carnival season begins in Cologne (I think there's the requirement to be tested/vaccinated before being allowed in? or not? can't find definitive info):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqGBnIDM8aA
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

In Vienna, OTOH:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/brothel-offers-vaccines-with-benefits-in-free-sex-for-the-vaxxed-campaign?ref=scroll

QuoteBrothel Offers Vaccines With Benefits in Free Sex for the Vaxxed Campaign

A "sauna club" is offering 30-minute vouchers with "lady of their choice" with every COVID vaccine put into an arm.

In an effort to pump up business once Austria introduces a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine pass in the coming weeks, one enterprising palace of pleasure is putting its money where, well, it will surely pay off.

The FunPalast: Sex Star Sauna Club is offering a 30-minute voucher with the "lady of your choice" with every vaccine administered on site, which the club is offering every Monday from 4 to 10 p.m. until the end of November, when the vaccine rules take effect.

Club director Christoph Leilacher told Reuters TV "it's actually such a great action to make such a statement, especially in our industry. And now we have a great vaccination site and we are very popular."

The innovative take on getting a jab comes as COVID-19 cases spike in Austria, where just 64 percent of the population is fully vaccinated. In four weeks, a double vaccination will be required to enter restaurants, theaters, hair salons, and brothels.

The Fun Palast said it saw a 50 percent decrease in clientele since the pandemic started, and is now hoping the new initiative will keep things up and running.

—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

In a typical picture of Hungary today, Russia and the Sputnik vaccine manufacturer now have the official Sputnik efficacy statistics from Hungary, courtesy of the Foreign Ministry sharing the data with them, but this has not been made public in Hungary itself, yet.