News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Coronavirus Sars-CoV-2/Covid-19 Megathread

Started by Syt, January 18, 2020, 09:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legbiter

Spanish doctor describing how they've turned a Madrid hospital completely inside-out to manage covid patients. Very smart.

https://twitter.com/mgalandejuana/status/1241764185740107782
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

mongers

My friend who's a radiographer in hospital at the other end of the county, seen on the news theirs is a bit of a hotspot, had 5 coronavirus deaths in the wards today. Damn.

What do you say to her, thinking of you / you're in my prayer / and so forth, all seem like hollow platitudes.

But I do know, her andher colleagues, getting up and calmly going to work tomorrow morning is going to require no small amount of courage.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Oexmelin

Quote from: Legbiter on March 22, 2020, 08:24:22 PM
Spanish doctor describing how they've turned a Madrid hospital completely inside-out to manage covid patients. Very smart.

https://twitter.com/mgalandejuana/status/1241764185740107782

Yes, hospital-within-hospital is what is being done in Montreal, under the recommendation of local expert on health logistics, who developed protocols for Ebola. The other crucial element I read about, was to organize collectively the moment when personnel remove their gear, which is the moment when most infections happen with the staff.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Zoupa

I've tested positive. :frog:

Not much symptoms. A little cough now and then, fever treated with acetaminophen/paracetamol.

No symptoms from my wife. I hope they disinfected with the non-existent alcohol at work...

DGuller

Quote from: Zoupa on March 18, 2020, 12:07:03 AM
I wanted to wear a mask at work. My boss said no, it sends the wrong message.  :huh:

So no alcohol or disinfectant gel, don't wear masks, business as usual. We are literally the front line at pharmacies, since the special phone number set up by the gvt has a 3 hour wait time, so people show up at the store, where no employees are protected.

Nobody respects the 1-2 meter social distancing. Nobody stays indoor as requested. I had a fucking idiot cough on me not once but twice to "show me his cough". Dude was running a fever, and "could it have anything to do with my brother who just got back from Spain?"

Basically, we're fucked, unless the cops and army enforce this thing. Also, it was nice knowing y'all, since that moron probably infected me, and since I wasn't wearing a mask (think of the message it sends!) I will probably infect every single medication vial I touch for the next few weeks, indirectly killing people since half our patients are over 70.

Let's think of the image of the business in a pandemic  :wacko:

And why the fuck do we still sell cosmetics at this time? I had to insist maybe to stop displaying the lipstick samples that a gazillion of people have touched. Humans are fucking retarded. I almost welcome this plague.
I was thinking of this post just now.  :hmm:  :( What a reckless disregard for the safety of everyone.  :mad:

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on March 15, 2020, 12:03:00 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on March 11, 2020, 02:49:07 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on March 11, 2020, 02:36:45 PM
  Btw, no deaths in NY.   Lots of people with mild symptoms.  Few confirmed cases hospitalized.

No reported deaths and also no reported recoveries - so jury is till out.  On march 3, the second New Yorker was hospitalized; on March 9 it was reported as 8, one day later the governor said it was 14.  Spot the trend.

There is also a fatality in Bergen county, New Jersey which is the same region (out of only 15 reported cases in the state).

4 days later - 3 dead and 65 in ICU.

6 days later - 117 deaths in NYS.  More than all of South Korea.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

merithyn

Quote from: Zoupa on March 22, 2020, 10:46:53 PM

Not much symptoms. A little cough now and then, fever treated with acetaminophen/paracetamol.

No symptoms from my wife. I hope they disinfected with the non-existent alcohol at work...

Aw jeez. I'm so sorry, Zoupa. :hug:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

mongers

Quote from: Zoupa on March 22, 2020, 10:46:53 PM

:(

Good grief Zoupa, hope you make a swift recovery and your wife isn't burdened with it.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Zoupa

I'm not really worried. Keep you guys updated.

Thanks for the well wishes!

The Minsky Moment

Keep as well as you can. If you need to get to hospital while the capacity is still there.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

merithyn

Weinstein tested positive in prison. May he rest in hell when it takes him.  :glare:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Threviel

Damn Zoups, sorry about that. I feel bad about my snarkyness earlier, sorry about that too. Best wishes and good luck.