Tensions high in Himalayas as China demands Indian troop withdrawal

Started by jimmy olsen, July 05, 2017, 08:12:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

Lorenzo Lamas is available.  He's got star power, martial arts moves, and if you mess with him he won't rest until he gets payback. 
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Tonitrus on July 06, 2021, 04:17:06 PM
Quote from: Legbiter on July 06, 2021, 01:31:23 PM
The Chinese already have a system in place to pick who he'll reincarnate as. :hmm: If the Indians really want to fuck with the Chinese they'll sponsor a counter-Dalai Lama on their side of the border.

I propose we borrow from the Catholic tradition, and dub such a person the "antiDalai Lama".  :sleep:

Only if it ends with a third one, to terminate the controversy.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 06, 2021, 05:02:17 PM
Lorenzo Lamas is available.  He's got star power, martial arts moves, and if you mess with him he won't rest until he gets payback.

This is not the '90s anymore, unfortunately. He has been doing soap operas and real TV shows. :(

PS: I was going to suggest Seagal, given his creed and earlier deeds but given his current political orientation and obesity,  I'm afraid this is impossible as well.

Monoriu

Quote from: Eddie Teach on July 06, 2021, 10:19:54 AM
What's the point of modern armies engaging in melee?

The two sides had an agreement not to use firearms. 

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Monoriu on July 06, 2021, 08:29:37 PM

Did they agree to leave the area if they lost the brawl?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Monoriu

Quote from: Eddie Teach on July 06, 2021, 09:11:05 PM

Nope :contract:

And it was more than a brawl.  A lot more.  People died. 

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on July 05, 2021, 01:31:10 PM
This is the most irrational conflict zone in the world. The stupidity of humans really has no limit.
Aren't the Himalayas the source for all of Indian subcontinent's and Southern China's water? Climate change is coming and so are the water wars.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Eddie Teach on July 06, 2021, 09:11:05 PM
Quote from: Monoriu on July 06, 2021, 08:29:37 PM

Actual footage of the start of the brawl: https://youtu.be/20myPs_-E1I?list=RDFPCGR9_GdhA&t=281
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 07, 2021, 06:39:53 AM
Quote from: Valmy on July 05, 2021, 01:31:10 PM
This is the most irrational conflict zone in the world. The stupidity of humans really has no limit.
Aren't the Himalayas the source for all of Indian subcontinent's and Southern China's water? Climate change is coming and so are the water wars.
yep, and the Chinese are damming off everything....