Calling Languishute wargamers! State of War needs newbs for the slaughter!

Started by Berkut, July 10, 2009, 08:45:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Nah, but we should probably find something a bit smaller than the one we just "played" on.  Maybe half that size?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Game's up.  Just need people to confirm and we can start.   :)
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Strix apparently had some PC problems, and is now posting.

So we have two games going...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

May as well restart the one with Strix if he wants to play--his position, three turns behind the rest of us, isn't exactly ideal.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

We cannot restart - you are rated for points for these games, so "losing" loses points, so you cannot just bail on a game.

I think if we all set each other to allied, the game will end however.

0 rows returned

Tonitrus

So we're "allying" out of game 1 for sure?

And I am all for random maps.  Screw ugly "balanced" maps.  (yes, I am serious)

ulmont

Quote from: Tonitrus on July 14, 2009, 06:20:19 PM
So we're "allying" out of game 1 for sure?

And I am all for random maps.  Screw ugly "balanced" maps.  (yes, I am serious)

I think allying out of game 1 is the way to go.  Offers sent.

Strix

Yes, sorry about that guys. We had a lightening strike hit a telephone/power pole near my house. It apparently sent a charge through the phone/cable wires because it fried my cable modem and ethernet card plus one of my television sets. I worked all day Monday, so I wasn't able to get a new one from Time Warner until Tuesday.

"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

ulmont

Quote from: Strix on July 15, 2009, 11:01:23 AM
We had a lightening strike hit a telephone/power pole near my house. It apparently sent a charge through the phone/cable wires because it fried my cable modem and ethernet card plus one of my television sets.

That happened to a couple of old-school modems my parents had back in the day.

Berkut, who are we waiting on for the 2nd game to start?

Berkut

0 rows returned

Berkut

OK, we are starting over with a randomly generated (and hopefully smaller) map. Unfortunately, we can only have a max of 6 players for some reason.

0 rows returned

Habbaku

That means everyone should go accept their invitation somewhere around...now.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Now we are waiting for Greyfox, which is odd since it says he has logged in since the game was created.

0 rows returned

ehrie