Calling Languishute wargamers! State of War needs newbs for the slaughter!

Started by Berkut, July 10, 2009, 08:45:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

OK, I went with the first 6 people to send me an actual screen name.

Game is started, you should be able to log in and accept the game.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 10, 2009, 01:21:40 PM
Will we play the WWI map?  :lol:

While I think that would be a lot of fun at some point (especially if played semi-historically), I think the map Berkut has selected is probably for the best for our first game.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Habbaku

You can actually look at it once you've accepted the invitation to join, but I'll post it here, too.

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Grey Fox

Quote from: Habbaku on July 10, 2009, 11:15:29 PM
You can actually look at it once you've accepted the invitation to join, but I'll post it here, too.

All I can see is "Game in construction, please wait".

Habbaku

For those looking in, the colors indicate the players as follows :

Berkut : Red
Habbaku : Blue
Greyfox : Yellow
Ulmont : Green
Strix : Turquoise (Teal? Light blue?)
Tonitrus : Orange (I think)

Edit : Colors don't entirely coincide with what's on the map, oddly.  Changed slightly.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Scipio

What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

ehrie

My handle is ehrie. If we have another six we can start another parallel game.

Grey Fox

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Strix is our first asshat.  Congratulations!

Why sign up for a game you don't want to play?

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Sophie Scholl

What's the setting/location/goal/era/strategy behind the game?  The map is little help.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Grey Fox

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on July 12, 2009, 07:01:33 PM
What's the setting/location/goal/era/strategy behind the game?  The map is little help.

Cartoony/Whatever the map designer design/to win by controlling tiles or trade/medieval/cant say yet.