News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Trumps first casualty - Flynn forced to resign

Started by Berkut, February 13, 2017, 11:00:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

I feel a little safer tonight.  Not by much, but a little.

jimmy olsen

Good news. Surprised that he's the first one to go given how close he was to Trump. I expected the more reasonable Mattis to be the first to get the heave to.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 13, 2017, 11:09:30 PM

Good news. Surprised that he's the first one to go given how close he was to Trump. I expected the more reasonable Mattis to be the first to get the heave to.

Do not compare Mattis to Flynn. Flynn is and has been a POG his whole career

IMO Trump is intimidated by Mattis
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

jimmy olsen

Quote from: 11B4V on February 13, 2017, 11:10:48 PM

Do not compare Mattis to Flynn. Flynn is and has been a POG his whole career

IMO Trump is intimidated by Mattis

I'm not comparing them. I just thought that his very competence and rationality would make it more likely for him and Trump to come to blows (metaphorically) with each other.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on February 13, 2017, 11:09:56 PM
Fucking disgrace

It's not like it hasn't been out there;  he went full Colonel Kurtz ages ago.  At least getting him out of the picture means his team of wingnuts will wind up going with him.

Now, let's see which batshit fruit cocktail goof he hires in his place.

CountDeMoney

Mattis is on the other side of the river, where it's nice and quiet. 

Guys like Mattis, Kelly and Tillerson would resign over Trump's minion's bullshit long before they would need to be fired.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 13, 2017, 11:21:40 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on February 13, 2017, 11:09:56 PM
Fucking disgrace

It's not like it hasn't been out there;  he went full Colonel Kurtz ages ago.  At least getting him out of the picture means his team of wingnuts will wind up going with him.

Now, let's see which batshit fruit cocktail goof he hires in his place.

Hmmm interesting, I can't even remember who the other pick were.

Nut job Guliani???

sbr

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 13, 2017, 11:25:14 PM

Mattis is on the other side of the river, where it's nice and quiet. 

Guys like Mattis, Kelly and Tillerson would resign over Trump's minion's bullshit long before they would need to be fired.

Not that I'm doubting you, but I doubt it.  How can anyone get mixed up in this mess without knowing exactly what they are getting into?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: sbr on February 13, 2017, 11:27:16 PM
Not that I'm doubting you, but I doubt it.  How can anyone get mixed up in this mess without knowing exactly what they are getting into?

A sense of duty.  Or, in the case of Tillerson, a sense of shareholder value.

But even he isn't going to put up with Trump's shit.  Unlike Der Furor, Rex Tillerson was a real CEO.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 13, 2017, 11:33:08 PM
Quote from: sbr on February 13, 2017, 11:27:16 PM

A sense of duty.  Or, in the case of Tillerson, a sense of shareholder value.

But even he isn't going to put up with Trump's shit.  Unlike Der Furor, Rex Tillerson was a real CEO.

Exactly what I was typing.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on February 13, 2017, 11:26:32 PM

Nut job Guliani???

Doubful.  Rudy ist kaput.  Watch, he'll push again for Betrayeus.

And to think, Flynn was on the short list as Veep once upon a time.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 13, 2017, 11:35:53 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on February 13, 2017, 11:26:32 PM

Nut job Guliani???

Doubful.  Rudy ist kaput.  Watch, he'll push again for Betrayeus.

And to think, Flynn was on the short list as Veep once upon a time.

Despite his flaws, he not a nut job. However, can he get a clearance?