News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Trumps first casualty - Flynn forced to resign

Started by Berkut, February 13, 2017, 11:00:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: viper37 on February 15, 2017, 07:42:16 PM
you are right, I thought it wasn't a crime, but it says here it is a crime, just rarely prosecuted:

I'm sure David Petraeus wishes he could agree with you.

DGuller

Quote from: viper37 on February 15, 2017, 07:46:58 PM
Wait.  Wait.  Breitbart making false news??  What a shocker!
I don't think it's fake news, it was probably the usual "send a message with barely plausible deniability" play that is so common in all Byzantine political games.

viper37

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 15, 2017, 08:21:28 PM
you are right, I thought it wasn't a crime, but it says here it is a crime, just rarely prosecuted:

he was never charged, he pleaded guilty to unauthorized removal and retention of classified information.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: DGuller on February 15, 2017, 08:21:34 PM
I don't think it's fake news, it was probably the usual "send a message with barely plausible deniability" play that is so common in all Byzantine political games.
yes, I thought about it, since they said elsewhere Trump is reading Breitbart.  It's just funny that Bannon is complaining Breitbart is writing falsehoods now.  :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: viper37 on February 15, 2017, 08:32:07 PM

he was never charged, he pleaded guilty to unauthorized removal and retention of classified information.

That's what's called a plea agreement: so he could avoid the charges for lying to the FBI.  That's how filthy lying cockfucks like Petraeus avoid jail time. 

Tamas

Quote from: DGuller on February 15, 2017, 08:21:34 PM

Yeah, these Americans need to get used to Kremlin politics. In an environment where the only requirement for a job/position is loyalty to the guy who put you there, articles like that simply not go live without permission from above.

It's a form of communication within the leadership.

AnchorClanker

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 15, 2017, 08:37:24 PM
Quote from: viper37 on February 15, 2017, 08:32:07 PM

That's what's called a plea agreement: so he could avoid the charges for lying to the FBI.  That's how filthy lying cockfucks like Petraeus avoid jail time.

:yes:
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr