News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Trumps first casualty - Flynn forced to resign

Started by Berkut, February 13, 2017, 11:00:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

sbr

QuoteMason McCann
‏@AhMcCann

Reminder that if David Petraeus is made National Security Advisor he'll have to notify his parole officer of a change in employment

11B4V

Quote from: sbr on February 13, 2017, 11:39:39 PM
QuoteMason McCann
‏@AhMcCann

Reminder that if David Petraeus is made National Security Advisor he'll have to notify his parole officer of a change in employment

As long as they grant the security clearance.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on February 13, 2017, 11:38:03 PM
Despite his flaws, he not a nut job. However, can he get a clearance?

He's a liar, too.

11B4V

Well FUCK. DOES ANYONE TELL THE TRUTH ANYMORE.

McChrystal then.

CountDeMoney

saskganesh

At least things move quickly with this administration. I mean it was only this afternoon that Flynn had the full confidence of the President.

So who gets to be NSA for the next month?
humans were created in their own image

11B4V

Zanza

Maybe they should use their extreme vetting techniques for sensible government positions as well.

jimmy olsen

Thought this was a good breakdown of Trump's White House

https://www.commentarymagazine.com/politics-ideas/the-flynn-resignation/

QuoteThe Flynn Resignation

John Podhoretz  / Feb. 13, 2017

Michael Flynn's resignation from his post as national security adviser only 23 days into the Trump tenure is the first acknowledgment from deep inside Trumpworld that what has been going on since the inauguration simply cannot go on.

We've known from the beginning of the Trump campaign that the man stirs up a whirlwind and then rides atop it. Flynn's unfitness for the job, both as a matter of temperament and as a matter of fact given his too-close financial association with Russian interests, was starkly evident from the moment his name was floated for it. The fact that Trump rewarded him with it was one of the earliest signs of the flippancy and carelessness with which the incoming president was handling his new and awesome responsibilities—and how fundamentally he seemed to misunderstand the workings of the White House he was about to take over.

He wants to be thought of as a strong leader, but the instability Trump seems to be breeding with his top-heavy White House staff and its squad of wannabe chiefs-of-staff all vying for position and control is almost literally the opposite of leadership. We are told five different stories a day about what is going on, with Sean Spicer and Kellyanne Conway openly contradicting each other and the intense Stephen Miller popping up on the Sunday morning shows looking and sounding like Captain Queeg trying to figure out who stole the strawberries.

If Trump thinks the word of the White House can be whatever he wishes it to be whenever he wishes it, he is setting himself up for disaster. He too can lose the trust of the people who support him; he too can be considered a denizen of the swamp he promises to drain rather than the man who's draining it. Having everybody lie is a good way to achieve just that. Indeed, it is amusing to consider that Flynn's downfall may have come from him lying to Vice President Pence, since demonstrating a boundless capacity to lie seems to be the sort of thing Trump requires as a display of fealty to him personally rather to any abstract value like the truth.

If this heralds a moment for Trump when he can stop and think and start trying to right the ship by embracing the very simple standard that the White House should speak with one voice and should be open about what it's doing and why, that would be very good news. I leave it to you to place your bet on whether that's possible.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

viper37

Quote from: 11B4V on February 13, 2017, 11:26:32 PM
Nut job Guliani???
he's busy reporting on US government cyber intelligence security with his outdated web server easily hacked 100 times over in a day.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

11B4V

Quote from: viper37 on February 14, 2017, 12:16:37 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on February 13, 2017, 11:26:32 PM
Nut job Guliani???
he's busy reporting on US government cyber intelligence security with his outdated web server easily hacked 100 times over in a day.

Ah, I forgot.  :lol:

FunkMonk

Not even a month in and we have the first sacking  :lol:

If we live through this then the TV miniseries will be legendary
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Zanza

Netflix can be so happy that they did House of Cards before this presidency.

11B4V

Inadvertent leaving out of information to the VP. 

WTF... :lol: :wacko: