Nissan Leaf / Electric Car
7 (31.8%)
Honda Accord (or similar)
4 (18.2%)
Subaru Forrester (or similar)
1 (4.5%)
Other (specify below)
1 (4.5%)
You should capture Jaron and force him to carry you around on his back (Jaron Option)
5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

viper37

Quote from: grumbler on January 29, 2017, 06:19:06 PM
Benzes are expensive to get fixed, but things seldom go wrong. 
fuck that.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

alfred russel

I went with the advice of the one wise member of languish that voted for the subaru forrester, and bought a subaru forrester today.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Monoriu

Quote from: alfred russel on March 18, 2017, 02:47:27 PM
I went with the advice of the one wise member of languish that voted for the subaru forrester, and bought a subaru forrester today.

US$25k-30k?  Or is it used?

alfred russel

Quote from: Monoriu on March 18, 2017, 03:43:35 PM

New. About $26k after tax.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

Tonitrus

For the young, hip, outdoorsy type...should have gone with the Crosstrek.

Instead, you went the soccer-mom route.  :P

But I kid...I know a couple young, single co-workers up here who drive Foresters.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tonitrus on March 18, 2017, 05:05:32 PM
Instead, you went the soccer-mom route.  :P

But I kid...I know a couple young, single co-workers up here who drive Foresters.

You just don't call them soccer-moms to their faces.

Monoriu

Quote from: alfred russel on March 18, 2017, 04:15:47 PM

You guys have it easy.  I imagine that the tax that you paid is less than 100%.  I paid 100% tax on my car :weep:

Ed Anger

Quote from: Monoriu on March 18, 2017, 05:35:23 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on March 18, 2017, 04:15:47 PM

You guys have it easy.  I imagine that the tax that you paid is less than 100%.  I paid 100% tax on my car :weep:

Much, much less.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Monoriu on March 18, 2017, 05:35:23 PM

Only you can prevent forest fires.  Dumbass.

alfred russel

I'd gladly trade mono's tax situation for ours, high taxes on cars notwithstanding.

viper37

Quote from: alfred russel on March 18, 2017, 06:21:21 PM
I'd gladly trade mono's tax situation for ours, high taxes on cars notwithstanding.
You can't have your cake and eat it.
But with Trump's border tax adjustement proposals, it will look kinda like this.  You will pay less income taxes, but pay everything you buy much, much more.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Eddie Teach

Mono's tax situation leads to Mono's government services situation and families of four living in 50 square foot apartments.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Eddie Teach on March 18, 2017, 06:57:08 PM
Mono's tax situation leads to Mono's government services situation and families of four living in 50 square foot apartments.

How does it do that?

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

alfred russel

I get ET's point about low taxes resulting in poor government and as a result challenging living circumstances. But he picked a poor example.

Hong Kong is a very small jurisdiction that is highly populated. The result is very high density and a premium on living space. The reason it is so highly populated is that, Mono's portrayal notwithstanding, it is a desirable location versus the mainland with a high standard of living.