O RLY? Man killed after taking soldier's gun in airport

Started by Duque de Bragança, March 18, 2017, 04:10:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

QuoteA man has been shot dead after grabbing a soldier's gun at O rly airport in Paris, French officials say.
He was killed by the security forces in a shop after seizing the weapon in the airport's southern terminal.
The airport has been shut down after what the authorities said was an extremely serious incident and passengers not allowed to disembark.
A security operation is continuing with bomb disposal experts involved and a search for any possible accomplices.
O rly - located 13km (8 miles) south of Paris - is the second largest Paris airport.
Police have warned people to stay away from the security cordon put in place.
Officials say the man approached a group of soldiers patrolling the airport and made off with the gun into a shop.
At that point shots were fired and the man was killed.
French Interior Minister Bruno Le Roux is on his way to the scene of the attack.
In an incident last month, a man wielding knives lunged at soldiers at Paris's Louvre museum before being shot and injured.

Just went there yesterday to pick up my dad. Orly Sud precisely. :whistle:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-39314250

PS: updated link with more details

Eddie Teach

Did you just post this so you could joke about the airport's name?  :lol:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Had to check in on Facebook in London to avoid concerned family members from writing me, thinking I was still in Paris. :Embarrass:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Duque de Bragança

French media report the perpetrator said: "I'm here to die for Allah". Well, mission accomplished!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on March 18, 2017, 02:40:45 PM
Had to check in on Facebook in London to avoid concerned family members from writing me, thinking I was still in Paris. :Embarrass:

Do you have a history of trying to take guns from cops?  :huh:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Eddie Teach on March 18, 2017, 05:53:44 PM
Quote from: garbon on March 18, 2017, 02:40:45 PM

Do you have a history of trying to take guns from cops?  :huh:

Yes, that's the first thing I thought of when I first heard the news: man attacking soldiers for a weapon?  OMG THAT IS SO GARBON

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on March 18, 2017, 03:22:41 PM
French media report the perpetrator said: "I'm here to die for Allah". Well, mission accomplished!

probably one of the lone wolf pack.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on March 19, 2017, 02:00:24 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on March 18, 2017, 03:22:41 PM

probably one of the lone wolf pack.

Latest incident in a long string of isolated incidents indeed.