News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Pax Pamir, Languish PBEM

Started by Habbaku, January 05, 2017, 07:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Yeah, it's pretty soon.  The deck started with 80 cards, with the 4 topples being dealt into the bottom ~54 cards.  We currently have 37 cards left in the deck and have only seen the first topple card.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

celedhring

So, is this over yet?  :P

Paging Tamas.

Tamas

Tamas

The Persian Slave Market seems to have a new owner, and it continues to generate money for the man behind it, as well as local tribes

Bought and played Persian Slave Market, paying whoever has a tribe in Persia (I keep forgetting the colours).

I DID however, forgot to put down a Russian road. Berkut, please put one between Persia and Herat. Thank you!

No Topple card just yet!

Habbaku

Tamas, in order to place a Russian road, you need to remove a Russian cylinder from elsewhere on the board.  Berkut cannot make that decision for you...
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Ah, sorry!

Remove it from between Punjab and Kandahar, please

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

1. But Wheat Fields Card for 0 rupees, take the two that are on it.
2. Free Tax action (Herat), take two Rupees from Minaret of Jam on the Market
3. Play Assasinate action to kill Allah Qudi Bahadur, pay two rupees for the privilege.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Solmyr

Solmyr

Anyway, I cannot put the card into Berkut's hand since Vassal won't let me, so I won't submit a file now. In case Berkut does submit his, game can continue since my actions don't depend on it.

1. Purchase Shah's Guard for 0, take 1 rupee on it.
2. Play Shah's Guard (to the right of Fath Ali Shah), place 1 Russian army in Persia (take cylinder from Kandahar-Punjab road), place 1 purple spy on the card due to Informant.
3. (free from Fath Ali Shah) Tax in Persia, take 2 rupees from British Persian Trade in the market. Can tax there because I have 3 units (2 Russian armies and 1 tribe) which is more than 2 Afghan armies.
4. (free from Shah's Guard) Tax in Persia, take 1 rupee from Jean-Francois Allard in the market.

Alarmed by the news of assassination of the Khan of Khiva, Fath Ali Shah has his Guard stay close to him day and night. To pay the soldiers, tariffs and tolls are extracted from British merchants and European travellers alike.

Habs can make those changes in his file before playing his turn.

Berkut

I saved the game, and I can see the save file in the DB folder on my machine.

I am at a loss as to why nobody else can...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

I uploaded Berkut's file from my end.  Should be visible now.

Will do mine and Solmyr's turn here in a while.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Habbaku

Solmyr, there should not have been a Kandahar-Punjab road during your turn thanks to Tamas moving it during his own.

Which cylinder did you wish to shift around in order to place the new Russian army?

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Berkut, in cleaning things up, it looks like you claimed the reward for assassinating my card.  If you do that, however, you will be forced to switch loyalties to Britain.

Did you want to go ahead and do the assassination and not switch loyalties?

-J. R. R. Tolkien