News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Pax Pamir, Languish PBEM

Started by Habbaku, January 05, 2017, 07:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

I drank too much after the football game, so I'll zend my turn tomorrow. I know wat I want to do but I'm sure i would fuck something up.

Habbaku

All the more reason to do your turn now!
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

celedhring

The Emir has decreed the renovation of the grand minaret of of Jam, a witness to our nation's grand past and devotion to Allah. Tithes will be collected from all tribes near Kandahar in order to fund this great work.

1) Purchase Minaret of Jam from the market, grab 1 rupee from it
2) Play Minaret of Jam, paying 2 rupees to Berkut for the privilege. I place one Afghan army on Herat (garrison), and two roads (Herat-Persia, Herat-Kandahar)
3) Tax Kandahar for 2 via Haji Khan Kakar, grabbing one rupee from Tamas (4-3 protected), and one from Solmyr (2-1 protected)

If I'm correct, Russia no longer enjoys supremacy anywhere at this time. Over to Tamas.

Tamas

1. I play Count Simonitch to my left, placing 2 spies on it, and paying 1 rupee to, I think, Solmyr.
2. I use the Count's Travel ability to move the spy from Slave Trade to Count Simonitch, and to move a spy from Count Simonitch to Herat, spying for Afghans

At the end of my round I discard Slave Market to stay at my Tableau size.

File has been uploaded.

Berkut

First action will buy the Topple card.

(Yellow) moved Russian Cylinder from Transcapian to Russian Stock
(Yellow) moved White Cube from Punjab to The Tableau
(Yellow) moved Russian Cylinder from Persia to Russian Stock
(Yellow) moved Orange Cube from Kandahar to The Tableau
(Yellow) moved Yellow Cube from Herat to The Tableau
(

Start culling!

QuoteH4. Failed Topple.
(H4.1) An unsuccessful Topple results in a purge, unless it is the final Topple.
(H4.2) Remove all but one cube and cylinder of each color from every map Location and Connection. Afghan Empire Cylinders are not removed.
(H4.3) Starting with the player to the left of the one who triggered the topple (and proceeding clockwise), players must cull their Tableau. A player may only have one card of each Mode. Cards in excess of this limit are taken into a player's hand (which may exceed hand size). Leveraged Cards taken back into player's hands must be paid for as if they were discarded. Spies on cards taken into a player's hand are returned to their owner's pool of unused cubes. Players may then freely discard any cards in their hand.
(H4.4) Reminder: Hand Size is ONLY used to determine whether or not a card can be taken from the Market during the purchase action(E3).
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Posted a file with the start of the cull.

If you guys want to post what cards you are returning to hand, I can do one file with everything.

0 rows returned

Solmyr

Should be noted that we are playing counterclockwise for some reason. So I guess technically I cull first, then Habs, Cel, Tamas, and then Berkut.

Will take Aga Mehdi and Ghaem Magham Farahani into hand. Will then discard Aga Mehdi and Bolan Pass from my hand.

Btw, I think Berk cannot put cards into our hands or discard from them, so everyone will just have to post what they do here and then actually do those things before their turn. Until then Berk can just move the culled cards aside.

celedhring

Isn't it better if we just do the culling ourselves directly in the save? Following the order you just posted.

Berkut

You do have to discard from your hand, btw. Hand size only stops you from buying new cards.

0 rows returned

Solmyr

We still have to post what we cull before Berkut continues his play. Presumably the culling may influence subsequent plays.

And Berk, presumably you mean you don't have to discard. I know, but I might as well get rid of weaker cards that I'd not use anyway.

celedhring

I mean that we just go and do it in the save before Berkut continues with his turn. I think it will be cleaner this way, otherwise we will have to keep in mind that there's cards in there that aren't actually there until we complete a full round.

Habbaku

Quote from: Tamas on February 15, 2017, 03:51:47 PM
1. I play Count Simonitch to my left, placing 2 spies on it, and paying 1 rupee to, I think, Solmyr.
2. I use the Count's Travel ability to move the spy from Slave Trade to Count Simonitch, and to move a spy from Count Simonitch to Herat, spying for Afghans

At the end of my round I discard Slave Market to stay at my Tableau size.

File has been uploaded.

Tamas, when a Leveraged card is either played or discarded (even via self-purge), money enters and leaves the game, respectively. By discarding the Slave Market, you'll have to pay 1 Rupee to the bank (removed from game).

In addition, the person with the British Favor card (Berkut) gets the effect of that card every time a Leveraged card is discarded...
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

Well, I uploaded file number 47 with my culling. Habs is next.

Habbaku

No file from me, but I'll send Transcaspian Railway back to hand.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

celedhring

How are we doing this then? Not on the save file, just saying it here?

I will put Imperial Surveyors in my hand and then discard it together with Market. Market is leveraged so I guess Berkut gets a rupee (I don't pay since I never played it).