News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Pax Pamir, Languish PBEM

Started by Habbaku, January 05, 2017, 07:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

Quote from: Habbaku on February 10, 2017, 04:07:54 PM
Solmyr, there should not have been a Kandahar-Punjab road during your turn thanks to Tamas moving it during his own.

Which cylinder did you wish to shift around in order to place the new Russian army?

Transcaspian-Kabul then.

Berkut

Nope, I am ok with switching to Brit.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Solmyr

Uploaded my turn (number 36), so Habs can continue with his from that. We got a Topple!

Habbaku

With bags of gold are Imperial friends won, and Russia is no different.  The money lenders and gold merchants of Kabul conspire to ensure that, if there is a Russian potentate given control of the newest province of the Rodina, it shall be none other than those of the White Goat Tribe.

This newfound wealth being given over comes, of course, from a boom in the lands of Afghanistan.  Improvements in the railway and the wily manipulations of Alexander Burnes and his connections with John Company ensure that gold will continue to flow for some time.

Free Action (Political Struggle): Tax with Ranjit Singh (Punjab).  Take 1 Rupee from Anarkali Bazaar in the Market and 1 Rupee from Celedhring (since he owns Akali Sikhs).

Action 1: Buy Alexander Burnes from the market for 0.  Take 1 Rupee from card.
Action 2: Play Alexander Burnes to the left side of my tableau.  Trigger regime change to Economic Boom.  Gain 1 spy on Alexander Burnes.

Free Action 1 (Economic Boom): Commerce with Trans-Caspian Railway.  Take 1 Rupee from Barakazai Brothers in the market.  Take 1 Rupee from Count Ivan Simonitch in the market.
Free Action 2 (Economic Boom): Gifts with Helmand River Gold.  Buy the 6 Rupee Gift. 1 Rupee each to the six rightmost cards in the market.
Free Action 3 (Economic Boom): Gifts with Money Lenders.  Buy the 4 Rupee Gift.  1 Rupee each to the four rightmost cards in the market.

I go up to 4 Russian favor to Solmyr's 3, so I gain Russian Favor.

Over to Celedhring.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

celedhring

The Orange Coconut tribe finds itself in a weakened financial position, but there's little it can do at the moment with the westerners having taking over the Afghani markets and roads. But maybe that will change in due time...

1) Purchase Jean-Francois Allard from the market, pay 1 rupee
2) Tax Kandahar, taking 1 rupee from the Karakzai brothers in the market

EDIT: Over to Tamas

Tamas

Count Ivan Simonitch starts his work for Russian interests in Afghanistan, by negotiating new commerce deals.

1) Buy Count Ivan Simonitch, placing 3 rupees on previous cards, receive 2 rupees from the card
2) Play the Count by paying 1 rupee to Mr. Purple in Persia
3) Free action: Commerce with Pandjeh Oasis, taking the 2 rupees from Anarkali Bazaar
4) Free action Commerce with Slave Market, taking 1 rupee from British-Persian Trade

File has been posted

Berkut

How can us non-Russians conspire to screw Tamas?

0 rows returned

Tamas

:rolleyes:

You should conspire against everyone else but me. I have the least Russian influence, and I do not have my own 2nd placed faction, like Celed.

Berkut

Quote from: Tamas on February 12, 2017, 10:21:51 AM
:rolleyes:

You should conspire against everyone else but me. I have the least Russian influence, and I do not have my own 2nd placed faction, like Celed.

Yeah, but there is a principle involved. We know you won't make ANY move against Habs regardless.

0 rows returned

Tamas

He is on the opposite end of the table, I can't reach him :P

Habbaku

Quote from: Tamas on February 12, 2017, 05:21:19 AM
Count Ivan Simonitch starts his work for Russian interests in Afghanistan, by negotiating new commerce deals.

1) Buy Count Ivan Simonitch, placing 3 rupees on previous cards, receive 2 rupees from the card
3) Free action: Commerce with Pandjeh Oasis, taking the 2 rupees from Anarkali Bazaar
4) Free action Commerce with Slave Market, taking 1 rupee from British-Persian Trade

File has been posted

Tamas, you need to purge your tableau.  I didn't watch too carefully during your last play, but you're above your limit.  With no purple stars, the maximum you can have is 3 cards.  You need to select 2 to remove before Berkut plays.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Supremacy update since there is another topple on board:

Supremacy for the various regime types:

Military Struggle: No supremacy. 5 Russian armies vs. 5 Afghan/0 British.  No supremacy.
Intelligence War: Russian Supremacy . 10 Russian spies.  3 Afghan/British.  1 Russian road, army, and tribe are on the board.
Political Fragmentation: No supremacy. 4 Russian tribes vs. 2 British/2 Afghan.
Economic Boom: Russian Supremacy.  6 Russian roads vs. 0 British/0 Afghan.  1 Russian army, spy, and tribe are on the board.

Influence totals:

Solmyr: 3 Russian, 1 military star.
Habbaku: 4 Russian, 0 military stars.
Celedhring: 1 Afghan, 2 military stars.
Tamas: 2 Russian, 0 military stars.
Berkut: 1 British, 0 military stars.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Quote from: Habbaku on February 12, 2017, 10:54:36 AM
Quote from: Tamas on February 12, 2017, 05:21:19 AM

File has been posted

Tamas, you need to purge your tableau.  I didn't watch too carefully during your last play, but you're above your limit.  With no purple stars, the maximum you can have is 3 cards.  You need to select 2 to remove before Berkut plays.

Sorry, totally forgot about that!

Corrected move is now uploaded, did it in a way so I don't have to redo my whole move: left the Count in my hand and discarded another excess card from tableau

Berkut

So, if I understand the game state now.

We have a topple on board, so if Habs gets up to play, he wins (assuming no change).

Solmyr, who plays before Habs, has no way that I can tell of getting 1 more influence in 1 play such that he could then buy the topple and win.

However, he can certainly buy and play the Orchards card to change to political turmoil, and then buy the topple himself to prevent Habs from winning.

So I can safely just ignore that entire "ZOMG THE GAME WILL END" thing.

I will just try to start chipping away at the overall Russian dominance...

0 rows returned

Berkut

1. Play Baluchi Smugglers from my hand.
Place Brits roads in Herat-Persia, and Herat-Kandahar
Place cyliner in Herat (Garrison)
2. Play Wheat Fields from my hand
Place Brit roads in Herat-Transcaspian, and Herat-Kabul
3. Free action - Commerce Wheat Fields. Take rupee from British-Persian Trade and The Ark
4. Free Action - Commerce Smugglers. Take two rupees from the Ark

Solmyr, I left the ruppees on the topple card, figuring you should at least get some cash for your troubles.

0 rows returned