News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Pax Pamir, Languish PBEM

Started by Habbaku, January 05, 2017, 07:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

I'm just saying what I'm returning to my hand--we don't need a billion different files for the cull.

Still waiting on Tamas, regardless...
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

I am taking Charles Masson to my hand.

Berkut

Bought Royal Guard with my second action.
Free tx action in Herat, take 2 gold from celed
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Solmyr

The Russians enlist the service of the Tajiks around Herat. The Tajik warbands raid British forces and their allied tribes in the area. Amidst the fighting, Zaman Shah Durrani is overthrown and killed. Meanwhile, taxation ramps up again in Persia, while the Tajiks extort tolls from British merchants traveling there.

1. Play Tajik Warband in Herat, pay 1 rupee to Berkut for his tribe, place 2 Russian armies there.
2. Campaign with Tajik Warband against Britain, kill 1 British army and 1 yellow tribe in Herat. 1 Russian army is killed. Since Berkut's last tribe is killed, Overthrow is triggered and his Zaman Shah Durrani is discarded.
3. (free from Fath Ali Shah) Tax Tamas in Persia (I have 1 army + 1 tribe, Cel has 2 armies, but tie is in my favor because I have more military stars on tableau). 3 stars minus 2 tax shelter, so 1 rupee taken from Tamas.
4. (free from Shah's Guard) Tax Claude Wade in Persia from Market, take 1 rupee.
5. (free from Tajik Warband) Tax British Persian Trade in Herat from Market, take 2 rupees.

Habbaku

Ranjit Singh hires the plucky Italian adventurer and mercenary-captain, Paolo Avitabile, as his spy-captain.  By cleaning up the administration of his informants, some discoveries about inefficiencies in tax collection have been made as well...and corrected.

Action 1: Purchase Paolo Avitabile from market for 1.  Gain 3 rupees.
Action 2: Play Paolo to the right side of my tableau.  1 White tribe to Punjab.  1 White spy to Paolo.
Free Action (Paolo Avitabile, Tax): Tax 1 Rupee from Anarkali Bazaar in the market.

Over to Celedhring.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

celedhring

Away from my PC until Sunday night, will check the save and post my turn then. Sorry for the delay, I'm usually away on weekends.

celedhring

The green coconut tribe seeks to improve its beleaguered finances by developing trade links with Europe, negotiating access to Persian ports controlled by the Bey Solmyr.

1) I buy British-Persian trade, pay 1 rupee
2) Play British-Persian trade, pay 1 rupee to Solmyr. I get one from the bank due to leveraged.
Free) Tax Kandahar, exacting 2 rupees from Solmyr.

Berkut

DOnt I get something or other from leveraged plays?

0 rows returned

celedhring

You get it only on discards, right? (it's what it says on the British card) But I actually gave myself one less rupee than I should, since it's a Rank 2 card.

But this reminds me I owe you one rupee from when I discarded Market during the culling.

New save uploaded.

Solmyr

Quote from: celedhring on February 20, 2017, 05:00:17 PM

You can only tax me 1 rupee since I have a commercial star protecting one other.

celedhring

Quote from: Solmyr on February 20, 2017, 08:34:35 PM
Quote from: celedhring on February 20, 2017, 05:00:17 PM

You can only tax me 1 rupee since I have a commercial star protecting one other.

No, unless I'm misreading this completely the only thing your economic star does is protecting one rupee from your stash. All the other 6 you hold when I use the tax action are free game. I take two from those since I'm using a Rank 2 card.

Relevant fragment:

QuoteE11.4) Tax Shelter. The total number of Economic stars on your Tableau indicates the amount of rupees you can shelter from the Tax Action. Only rupees you hold in excess of your Tax Shelter are vulnerable to the tax action.

Solmyr

Tamas

I gave my only rupee to Berkut as he was owed one from my Leverage-discard (so did the bank).

In my turn I took Bazakhi Brother to my hand and played it, giving Celed the one rupee for the honor.

EDIT: file is up

Berkut

Solmyr, why would you pound on the player in last place, who cannot possibly win, while ignoring the actual people winning the game?

You campaigned to knock the guy in last from 3 cards down to 2, while the people who can actually beat you all have 5. And knocking that card out helped you...not at all in any way that I can tell. You knocked Britain down, the weakest power, which means nothing at all really, at least not in the context of this particular game.

Maybe there is just some level of play here I don't understand.

0 rows returned

Berkut

1. Buy Madali Khan for 3 - rupees to Civic Improvemtns, Ghazni, Bengal Infantry
2. Play Madali Khan, paying 1 to Habbaku. Place three yellow cubes
Free action: Commerce on Herat, take rupees from Civic Improvements and Ghazni

0 rows returned