Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

You could always keep guessing...

Berkut

OK, so it is Intel War.

I think that means that I can

1: Buy William Moorcroft
2: Play William Moorcroft, place spy
3: Execute move action on Herat card (free)
       A: Move spy from Moorcroft to Herat
       B: Move spy from Farahani to Shah card
4: Execute Counter Espionage action on Moorcroft, kill purple spy on Herat
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

I forgot to refresh Market before I saved, can the next player do that first thing?

0 rows returned

Berkut

Sorry about that guys, I should have known it was my turn.

0 rows returned

Habbaku

Turn order is not going to change the entire game, no matter what, from what we started at.

Solmyr
Habbaku
Celedhring
Tamas
Berkut---> circle back to Solmyr

If the person prior to you finishes their turn, odds are it's your turn.  :P
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: Berkut on January 29, 2017, 07:19:48 PM
OK, so it is Intel War.

I think that means that I can

1: Buy William Moorcroft
2: Play William Moorcroft, place spy
3: Execute move action on Herat card (free)
       A: Move spy from Moorcroft to Herat
       B: Move spy from Farahani to Shah card
4: Execute Counter Espionage action on Moorcroft, kill purple spy on Herat

It doesn't matter much since we can just look at the board, but "on Herat" is almost meaningless.  Herat is one of the six locations that a card can be in.  When a spy is in operation, he's on a specific card that just so happens to be in a location.  The card title is at the top of the card.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

Wait, you can do multiple free actions in your turn? That would have been nice to know.

celedhring

You can do one for each action icon on your tableau, right?

Solmyr

The Persian Shah hears of a Russian diplomat stirring trouble, and sends men to detain him. Meanwhile, the British send their agents among the Tajik tribes, trying to secure their cooperation. In the north, the Russian commander of Bala Hisar is assassinated by unknown agents.

1. Purchase Alexander Griboyedov for 0.
2. Purchase Tajik Warband for 1, placing a rupee on Market.
3. (free) Assassinate Bala Hisar.

As far as I can tell, Habbaku cannot win by purchasing the Topple on his turn, and it will be discarded afterwards.

Berkut

Quote from: celedhring on January 30, 2017, 06:26:19 AM
You can do one for each action icon on your tableau, right?

During Intel War, the Intel actions do not count against your limit of two actions per turn.

There is still the limit that you can only activate each card once, and for one action.

Cue Habbaku to slap me and tell me that is totally wrong in 3...2....

0 rows returned

Habbaku

No, that's correct.  So long as you only use a card in your tableau for one action, regardless of how many government shifts there have been, you can utilize as many free actions as you like.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

The ambitious Trans-Caspian Railway has finally been completed, connecting the vital hub of Kabul via a circuitous route to the hinterlands of Persia.  Though civilian traffic flows regularly along it, the real purpose is surely to serve as a lifeline for the Russian military...

Action 1: Purchase Trans-Caspian Railway for 1.
Action 2: Play Trans-Caspian Railway.  1 Russian road to Transcaspain-Kabul connection.  1 Russian road to Transcaspian-Persia connection.

Over to Celedhring.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

You didn't place any connections in your file?

Btw, apparently you can place multiple cylinders of the same empire on the same connection. What is the benefit of having a higher-ranked connection? Just the cylinder count for supremacy if regime is Economic Boom, or anything else?

Habbaku

Quote from: Solmyr on January 30, 2017, 09:56:34 AM
You didn't place any connections in your file?

Btw, apparently you can place multiple cylinders of the same empire on the same connection. What is the benefit of having a higher-ranked connection? Just the cylinder count for supremacy if regime is Economic Boom, or anything else?

Thanks--was in a hurry.  File updated to place the new connections.

The point of more than one road on a connection is to have extra buffer for supremacy and to insure against destruction by wild armies.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

How do you attack roads, btw? According to Campaign action, you move armies from one region to another, not onto a connection?