Washington gunman motivated by fake news 'Pizzagate' conspiracy

Started by garbon, December 05, 2016, 07:18:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on December 07, 2016, 10:18:13 AM
"Sure the Holocaust deniers are full of BS, but the Jews are certainly hiding something".

Notice how we've never seen Mrs. Malthus around...
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Berkut

You make a token statement like "They are full of BS"

then in every other way, act exactly as if you don't think they are full of BS at all, and in fact parrot every idiotic meme or talking point they share.

The "they are full of BS" is about as convincing as your "I don't support Trump! I voted third party!" while parroting with complete consistency the Trump line on basically every single issue.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Admiral Yi

:lol:  I get it Speesh.  I don't get the #NeverHillary business, but this one I do.

derspiess

Quote from: Berkut on December 07, 2016, 10:36:29 AM
You make a token statement like "They are full of BS"

then in every other way, act exactly as if you don't think they are full of BS at all, and in fact parrot every idiotic meme or talking point they share.

Really?  To be honest I haven't paid much attention to Pizzagate, so I don't know enough about the memes or talking points to parrot every one even if I wanted to.  All I said was that some of the words used in some emails I saw looked out of context and I was curious as to whether they meant something else.  You and Raz are acting like my little post on page 1 of this thread is going to sway some naive Languishite (if there were such a person) into believing the conspiracy theory. 

QuoteThe "they are full of BS" is about as convincing as your "I don't support Trump! I voted third party!" while parroting with complete consistency the Trump line on basically every single issue.

As I mentioned before, I'm perfectly fine with you believing I voted Trump-- it's a hoot.  But tell me-- how have I parroted "the Trump line on basically every single issue"?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 07, 2016, 11:06:00 AM
:lol:  I get it Speesh.  I don't get the #NeverHillary business, but this one I do.

She's a terrible woman and we dodged a bullet by her not winning.  Granted, we got hit with a slightly smaller bullet, but whatyagonnado.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on December 07, 2016, 11:24:43 AM
She's a terrible woman and we dodged a bullet by her not winning.  Granted, we got hit with a slightly smaller bullet, but whatyagonnado.

Like I said, I don't get it.  I don't see how anyone who can read and understand words with more than on syllable can come to the conclusion that a Hillary presidency would have been worse than a Trump presidency.

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 07, 2016, 11:28:24 AM
Like I said, I don't get it.  I don't see how anyone who can read and understand words with more than on syllable can come to the conclusion that a Hillary presidency would have been worse than a Trump presidency.

You are bringing logic into it.  No one voted for trump because they really thought Trump would be a good president, I don't think.  I think they voted for Trump because they wanted to punish the country and its elites for ignoring the interests of whites, especially working class whites, and thought Trump would do that.  Some of they are ashamed of this motive and so claim to have voted for third-party candidates, others are more honest.  None of them are logical, and the pizza gunman was just a bit less logical than the average.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

:lol:  Whatever lets you sleep at night.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Berkut

Quote from: grumbler on December 07, 2016, 12:33:38 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 07, 2016, 11:28:24 AM

You are bringing logic into it.  No one voted for trump because they really thought Trump would be a good president, I don't think.  I think they voted for Trump because they wanted to punish the country and its elites for ignoring the interests of whites, especially working class whites, and thought Trump would do that.  Some of they are ashamed of this motive and so claim to have voted for third-party candidates, others are more honest.  None of them are logical, and the pizza gunman was just a bit less logical than the average.

This.

There are plenty out there who are fine with all of this even if they are perfectly smart enough to know exactly how completely dangerous this is, and they are in most ways worse than the people who are just idiots and think Trump really does care about them.

You can tell these people in part because now they try to play off the anger and concern with Trump as hysteria and over-reaction.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Ideologue

Is she also nasty?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

grumbler

Quote from: Ideologue on December 07, 2016, 01:40:45 PM

Is she also nasty?

And brutish.  And short.

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

Is she also nasty?

I bet Hillary smells like a mixture of soggy carpet and Charlie perfume. Old people smell.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Is she also nasty?

She wishes.

Valmy

Spicey's reaction is exactly why we are going to be bombarded by radicals from now on. Clinton is hated by Spicey as a hard leftist but hated by the actual leftists for being a corporate conservative stooge and a warmonger. There is no point to moderating or governing as a centrist.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."