Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on December 05, 2016, 03:34:02 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on December 05, 2016, 03:23:07 PM
Quote from: derspiess on December 05, 2016, 03:06:43 PM
Maybe later, Raz.

No, I think today is a good time.  That was crazy bullshit, and trying to meet it half-way is disgusting.  So why don't you show us where you got that idea, huh?

From the emails I saw quoted, pizza and some other words seemed a bit out of context.  That's all.  I did say the conspiracy theory was BS.

Demonstrate.  You say that the conspiracy theory is bullshit, but you give credence to the idea of some sort of wrong doing.  So show us where you saw these emails quoted.  Link us to the website.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: derspiess on December 05, 2016, 10:51:43 AM
What could pizza have referred to in those emails?  Obviously the conspiracy theory is total BS, but obviously they were using pizza and other words as code for something.

((pizza))

I get it now.  It's deplorables all the way down.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

MadBurgerMaker

Pretty sure the "pizza" emails all came from the Wikileaks Podesta thing, raz.  The conspiracy stuff that got all crazy and started involving actual pizza joints came from all over the place.

Josquius

Well.
This is something sci fi never saw coming.
What a world :(
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

"What could Matzah have referred to in those emails?  Obviously the conspiracy theory is total BS, but obviously they were using Matzah and other words as code for something."  -Derspeiss on the blood libel.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

The Minsky Moment

Trump's leading foreign policy and domestic policy advisors are in bed with this garbage. 
If he keeps them on this admin loses all credibility before Day 1.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Razgovory

Well this sort a thing has already endangered people's lives.  So I find Derspeiss's whole "sure it's bullshit, but they are on to something" thing rather repulsive.

Razgovory

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on December 05, 2016, 03:53:56 PM
Pretty sure the "pizza" emails all came from the Wikileaks Podesta thing, raz.  The conspiracy stuff that got all crazy and started involving actual pizza joints came from all over the place.

Somehow I doubt Derspeiss read 20,000 emails.

derspiess

I was just curious as to whether they were using some kind of code and, if so, what it meant.  Your repulsion is an overreaction.  I sort of understand why you're on edge with the election and all, but chill.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

grumbler

Quote from: derspiess on December 05, 2016, 05:14:59 PM
I was just curious as to whether they were using some kind of code and, if so, what it meant.  Your repulsion is an overreaction.  I sort of understand why you're on edge with the election and all, but chill.

I've seen no evidence to support what you are arguing.  I'd say you should just chill, unless you want to break tradition and actually support an argument with evidence.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

mongers

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on December 05, 2016, 04:49:05 PM
Trump's leading foreign policy and domestic policy advisors are in bed with this garbage. 
If he keeps them on this admin loses all credibility before Day 1.

D-46?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Razgovory on December 05, 2016, 05:13:15 PM
Somehow I doubt Derspeiss read 20,000 emails.

Me too.  I'm not sure how that really matters though.  You were wanting to know where they were coming from.  That's where.

Anyway, I went to wikileaks, searched for "pizza" in the Podesta emails, and one I remember people mentioning from this thing showed up on the first page:

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/55433

This one was talked about because of the whole pizza related map on a handkerchief part.  They had come up with some codeword terminology for what some of that meant, blahblah. vOv  I'm not clicking through any more of these.  I have more than enough dumbass inane emails to read in my own inbox.

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on December 05, 2016, 05:14:59 PM

I'd treat a holocaust denier in just the same way. :)