News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Flashpoint Latvia

Started by Jacob, November 17, 2016, 04:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Ideologue on November 18, 2016, 04:09:56 PM
Does hacking adversary government computers count as "soft power"?

No but propaganda is.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on November 18, 2016, 04:10:16 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on November 18, 2016, 04:08:26 PM
Last I checked, my country wasn't Latvia.

Last I checked your country was bound to defend Latvia.

Meh, one tweet from the shitter at 4:13am, and that's that.

[twitter]
Can't believe Latvia expects us to defend them after yesterday's invasion! We don't owe them they owe us! So unfair!
[/twitter]

Ideologue

Here's what I really don't want, Val: a nuclear war, especially while Trump is president.  What would the outcome of that look like, after the only forces left standing in the continental United States are a wounded U.S. armed forces, under a right-wing reactionary, and a whole host of heavily-armed right-wing militias?

(Oh, assuming we don't outright fucking die, which we would.  Thanks Pittsburgh.)
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Valmy

Quote from: Ideologue on November 18, 2016, 04:28:31 PM

Here's what I really don't want, Val: a nuclear war, especially while Trump is president.  What would the outcome of that look like?

Well here is the deal: Russia is not using their nuclear bombs to conquer Latvia.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Here's what I really don't want, Val: a nuclear war, especially while Trump is president.  What would the outcome of that look like?

If we're lucky, just a few hundred thousand dead Americans along with the several million South Koreans and Japanese casualties.

Martinus

Quote from: Martinus on November 18, 2016, 11:04:45 AM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on November 18, 2016, 10:57:09 AM
One needn't be a "hawk" to support NATO.

Well, I didn't want to call Ide a communist traitor outright.

If it makes you feel better, I could easily be talked into supporting the defense of that other newer NATO member, Poland.  Of course, I'm pretty sure you could talk me out of it, too.

I am not sure I need to talk you into or out of anything, when it comes to the US policy. Fortunately, you remain as powerless and devoid of influence as you were even before attending the Klown College. I guess the establishment does have its uses, after all!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on November 18, 2016, 04:30:41 PM
Well here is the deal: Russia is not using their nuclear bombs to conquer Latvia.

You really need to brush up on your Russian strategic doctrine.

Ideologue

Quote from: Valmy on November 18, 2016, 04:30:41 PM

So, what, it's a nice little conventional war that's confined to northeastern Europe?  What happens when they start losing?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: Martinus on November 18, 2016, 04:31:14 PM
Quote from: Martinus on November 18, 2016, 11:04:45 AM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on November 18, 2016, 10:57:09 AM
One needn't be a "hawk" to support NATO.

Well, I didn't want to call Ide a communist traitor outright.

If it makes you feel better, I could easily be talked into supporting the defense of that other newer NATO member, Poland.  Of course, I'm pretty sure you could talk me out of it, too.

I am not sure I need to talk you into or out of anything, when it comes to the US policy. Fortunately, you remain as powerless and devoid of influence as you were even before attending the Klown College. I guess the establishment does have its uses, after all!

As usual, you're all class.  I hope Putin uses your skull as a cup.
Kinemalogue

Eddie Teach

Everyone on this forum is powerless in that regard, no need to get personal.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Quote from: Eddie Teach on November 18, 2016, 04:37:53 PM

Everyone on this forum is powerless in that regard, no need to get personal.

Ide's complete lack of honor has always rubbed me the wrong way.

Ideologue

You know, we badmouth Poland a lot here, but it says a lot about the fundamental decency of any culture that has steadfastly refused to beat Martinus' brains out, going on forty-five years.  It's a country of potato-swilling saints.
Kinemalogue

Martinus

Quote from: Ideologue on November 18, 2016, 04:41:09 PM
You know, we badmouth Poland a lot here, but it says a lot about the fundamental decency of any culture that has steadfastly refused to beat Martinus' brains out, going on forty-five years.  It's a country of potato-swilling saints.

I think it's just because I earn 3000% average pay here. Money is a great shield.

CountDeMoney

I'm sure the fag haters over there are completely cool with a successful fag.

Enjoy your future baseball bat surprise party.  And it probably won't even be your birthday, which will make it even more surprisier.

Martinus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 18, 2016, 04:58:06 PM
I'm sure the fag haters over there are completely cool with a successful fag.

Enjoy your future baseball bat surprise party.  And it probably won't even be your birthday, which will make it even more surprisier.

They are not. They can't do shit, though. That's the beauty of class privilege. It trumps everything else. I mean, just ask garbon.