And we're back!

Main Menu

Flashpoint Latvia

Started by Jacob, November 17, 2016, 04:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Quote from: Jacob on November 17, 2016, 06:00:07 PM
Quote from: PJL on November 17, 2016, 05:57:17 PM
I saw in a recent poll that only the LibDem voters would really support helping the Baltic countries against the Russians. All the other voters would be ambivalent or against.

Were I in charge of the Baltic countries, I'd invest a bit in PR to push a "we're like you" narrative in big NATO countries (i.e. Germany, France, US, UK).
Europe in general could use that pointed the UKs way <_<
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Quote from: grumbler on November 17, 2016, 09:43:43 PM
I always assume that, when he says something that I don't find funny, it is my fault.

You're kind, but I accept full responsibility for lame posts. :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

Quote from: Jacob on November 17, 2016, 06:00:07 PM
Quote from: PJL on November 17, 2016, 05:57:17 PM
I saw in a recent poll that only the LibDem voters would really support helping the Baltic countries against the Russians. All the other voters would be ambivalent or against.

Were I in charge of the Baltic countries, I'd invest a bit in PR to push a "we're like you" narrative in big NATO countries (i.e. Germany, France, US, UK).

It's high time some Latvians perform in Britain Got Talent. Alternatively Duchess Kate or whatshername should start wearing Latvian designer clothes. You know, focus on important issues people care about, and reach out to them that way.

Martinus

Yeah, I was thinking recently that we are long overdue for another act of Putin's play. I would imagine he'd wait until Marine LePen is the President of France. :bleeding:

I also agree that The Brain is the most consistently and intelligently funny poster here.

Eddie Teach

I see that qualifier! Does that mean you agree that Siege is the funniest poster overall?  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Quote from: Eddie Teach on November 18, 2016, 06:46:09 AM
I see that qualifier! Does that mean you agree that Siege is the funniest poster overall?  :hmm:

Brain is a thinking man's Siege?  :hmm:

Razgovory

Quote from: grumbler on November 17, 2016, 09:43:43 PM

Sometimes?

I always assume that, when he says something that I don't find funny, it is my fault.

I should try that.  Every time Brain says something that isn't funny, it's Grumbler's fault.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on November 17, 2016, 04:58:02 PM
Quote from: The Brain on November 17, 2016, 04:50:48 PM
:lol: I somehow doubt a world war will start in some country in Eastern Europe few have even heard of.

Better watch it or Berkut will pull out a high school geography book.

Way to ruin a great joke by being a whiny bitch. :(
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 17, 2016, 08:01:13 PM
You know what, fuck you guys. 
The Baltic States had the balls to break from Moscow in the first place--on their own, no less--and they have the right to be defended BY THEIR TREATY-BOUND ALLIES if Moscow tries to fuck with them again.

Fucking assholes.  Moscow, too.

This +1
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Jacob

Yup, I agree with CdM, Viper, and Valmy on this.

celedhring

No objection. Spain will put forward our creaky, munition-less, and fuel-less Hornets for NATO's service.

Grinning_Colossus

I never said we *shouldn't* help them if they're invaded, no matter how much they may have it coming. :)
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Valmy

Quote from: celedhring on November 18, 2016, 10:39:18 AM
No objection. Spain will put forward our creaky, munition-less, and fuel-less Hornets for NATO's service.

Still probably a match for whatever shit the Russians have.

Martinus

I agree with CdM and the rest of the hawks.

Grey Fox

While I agree with the gallery & we all should honour of Nato commitment to the Baltic States.

Other States have to start spending money too, not just the USA.

& especially Germany.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.