News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

So glad the NFL is being represented by Roger Goodell, Bob Craft, and Jerry Jones :lol:

At least Snyder isn't there.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: merithyn on April 15, 2020, 07:31:29 PMAfter all, only old white men know how to run things.

Well the country does seem weirdly hesitant to put anybody under 70 in power these days.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

Quote from: merithyn on April 15, 2020, 07:31:29 PM
A whole 11 women out of 220 people on his Great American Economic Revival Industry Group. I don't know most of them, so I couldn't do race, but I'm going to guess that there aren't a heck of a lot of non-whites, either.

I expected no less. After all, only old white men know how to run things.

:rolleyes:
I blame feminism.  Ever since women learnt to speak for themselves and have their own opinion on a variety of subjects, they forgot to bask in the glory of our venerable elders and have adopted a rebellious attitude. 

The President can not be contradicted at times like this and must make sure everyone is on the same page: he is the greatest President ever and no one has ever done a better job of managing the biggest crisis ever to face the US.
;)

If you look at the list of sports figures, there's a lot - a lot - of people who know how to flatter Trump, when not outright Trump supporters.

It's not only a question of race and gender.  He loves woman who revere him...  And he has nothing against blacks or hispanics that vote Republican.  It's the pesky ones insisting on protecting their voting rights and voting Democrats he has a problem with.  All rapists and killers the whole bunch of them...
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Syt

All you Trump bucks guys, spend your money carefully. Steve Mnuchin says it's meant to bridge liquidity shortfalls of individuals for 10 weeks.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sheilbh

Presumably he also queried why people were queuing for bread when there's so much cake available?
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Who exactly is it that is hurting so bad?  The WFH guys and the essentials are getting their regular pay checks; the people on UI are making out like bandits.

Who is supposed to eat cake?

The Larch

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 16, 2020, 10:10:31 AM
Who exactly is it that is hurting so bad?  The WFH guys and the essentials are getting their regular pay checks; the people on UI are making out like bandits.

Who is supposed to eat cake?

Who is making out like bandits with all this crap?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: The Larch on April 16, 2020, 10:30:08 AM

Unemployment Insurance people

The Larch

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 16, 2020, 10:40:38 AM

That's what I thought you meant. How are they benefitting so much, then?

Habbaku

Quote from: Syt on April 16, 2020, 09:55:29 AM
All you Trump bucks guys, spend your money carefully. Steve Mnuchin says it's meant to bridge liquidity shortfalls of individuals for 10 weeks.

I already bought a Valve Index, so I guess I'm screwed.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: The Larch on April 16, 2020, 11:09:10 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 16, 2020, 10:40:38 AM

That's what I thought you meant. How are they benefitting so much, then?

They're essentially double-dipping. I don't agree they're making out like bandits, but UI typically caps out somewhere around $350/week and can go for several months. People on UI that are capping out (and that's fairly easy to do) are getting roughly 1.5x over the 10 weeks.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Syt

350 per week, let's call it 1400 per month, round it to 1500. Plus 50% (1.5x mentioned) is 2250. Is that a high net income in the US if you have mortgage/rent to pay? Does it include health insurance?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sheilbh

Right. But surely the issues are how quickly are they getting UI - given the volume of applicants there'll be at the minute? So even on your max amount this is only going to bridge you for 3-4 weeks, not 10.

Plus there's the issue everywhere English speaking is facing of not tying UI to previous salary. A lot of people's fixed costs are based on their salary and when you've got a huge chunk of the population suddenly having to rely on a payment with a statutory maximum, even this help will run out quickly without other help also being in place quickly.
Let's bomb Russia!

katmai

I'm getting $743 a week (yay Washington UI...Max is $790). Add the $600 and I'm getting $1,343 to be unemployed.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Habbaku

Quote from: katmai on April 16, 2020, 11:26:12 AM
I'm getting $743 a week (yay Washington UI...Max is $790). Add the $600 and I'm getting $1,343 to be unemployed.

Yeah, and this is why the $1200 figure is really just...weird in many places. UI in Washington is more than double Georgia's cap!

-J. R. R. Tolkien