News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: Tamas on April 15, 2020, 02:52:11 AM
It is disgusting, but politically its a good idea to have your name on the checks. It will cement a lot of people's support for Trump and the GOP fascists.
Well I think that most of the people that are dumb enough to fall for this little trick were probably already going to vote for him anyway.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Maximus

Quote from: Caliga on April 15, 2020, 07:50:13 AM
It is disgusting, but politically its a good idea to have your name on the checks. It will cement a lot of people's support for Trump and the GOP fascists.
Well I think that most of the people that are dumb enough to fall for this little trick were probably already going to vote for him anyway.
I was going to say those who still get physical cheques.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

alfred russel

Quote from: Caliga on April 15, 2020, 07:50:13 AM

While I think that the biggest reason is to gain electoral advantage, I bet trolling people that hate him is a close second.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Sheilbh

I think the biggest reason is he likes seeing his name on things :P

He just wants to brand everything he can.
Let's bomb Russia!

merithyn

Quote from: Valmy on April 14, 2020, 10:39:33 PM
Well I got mine from the IRS not from the President :hmm:

His signature is only in the memo, though, because he doesn't have the authority to sign the checks. :lol:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

viper37

I think I'm gonna leave this one here, I believe we need some humour in between more serious things :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Sheilbh

QuoteTrump threatens to adjourn both chambers of Congress
:mellow: :Cromwell: :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!

The Larch

QuoteDonald Trump 'tired of watching old games,' adds team owners, Dana White, Vince McMahon to advisory group
Major sports commissioners, Robert Kraft and Jerry Jones are among the notable names involved

President Donald Trump announced Tuesday that he is putting together an advisory group that will work to reopen the country economically. Included in the large collection of advisors is an entire section dedicated to sports, which features commissioners of the country's four major sports leagues and some other notable sports executives. The group is reportedly scheduled to take part in a call on Wednesday to discuss the effort, according to Shams Charania of The Athletic.

The Great American Economic Revival Industry Group, as the White House is calling it, features 16 sports figures:

NBA - Adam Silver
MLB - Rob Manfred
NFL - Roger Goodell
UFC - Dana White
PGA - Jay Monahan
LPGA - Mike Whan
USTA - Patrick Galbraith
MLS - Don Garber
WWE - Vince McMahon
NASCAR - Lesa Kennedy
NHL - Gary Bettman
New England Patriots - Bob Kraft
Dallas Cowboys - Jerry Jones
Dallas Mavericks - Mark Cuban
WNBA - Cathy Engelbert
NWSL - Lisa Baird

If you want to check who is on all the groups, here's the list:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/president-donald-j-trump-announces-great-american-economic-revival-industry-groups/

merithyn

Quote from: The Larch on April 15, 2020, 07:20:38 PM
QuoteDonald Trump 'tired of watching old games,' adds team owners, Dana White, Vince McMahon to advisory group
Major sports commissioners, Robert Kraft and Jerry Jones are among the notable names involved

President Donald Trump announced Tuesday that he is putting together an advisory group that will work to reopen the country economically. Included in the large collection of advisors is an entire section dedicated to sports, which features commissioners of the country's four major sports leagues and some other notable sports executives. The group is reportedly scheduled to take part in a call on Wednesday to discuss the effort, according to Shams Charania of The Athletic.

The Great American Economic Revival Industry Group, as the White House is calling it, features 16 sports figures:

NBA - Adam Silver
MLB - Rob Manfred
NFL - Roger Goodell
UFC - Dana White
PGA - Jay Monahan
LPGA - Mike Whan
USTA - Patrick Galbraith
MLS - Don Garber
WWE - Vince McMahon
NASCAR - Lesa Kennedy
NHL - Gary Bettman
WNBA - Cathy Engelbert
NWSL - Lisa Baird

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/president-donald-j-trump-announces-great-american-economic-revival-industry-groups/

A whole 11 women out of 220 people on his Great American Economic Revival Industry Group. I don't know most of them, so I couldn't do race, but I'm going to guess that there aren't a heck of a lot of non-whites, either.

I expected no less. After all, only old white men know how to run things.

:rolleyes:

The Larch

Quote from: merithyn on April 15, 2020, 07:31:29 PM
Quote from: The Larch on April 15, 2020, 07:20:38 PM

NBA - Adam Silver
MLB - Rob Manfred
NFL - Roger Goodell
UFC - Dana White
PGA - Jay Monahan
LPGA - Mike Whan
USTA - Patrick Galbraith
MLS - Don Garber
WWE - Vince McMahon
NASCAR - Lesa Kennedy
NHL - Gary Bettman
WNBA - Cathy Engelbert
NWSL - Lisa Baird

A whole 11 women out of 220 people on his Great American Economic Revival Industry Group. I don't know most of them, so I couldn't do race, but I'm going to guess that there aren't a heck of a lot of non-whites, either.

I expected no less. After all, only old white men know how to run things.

:rolleyes:

Funnily enough, there's one group which has a women's majority, 3 out of 5, and it's the theoretically very "macho" Defense group. The most diverse one seems to be the Tech group.

Also funny to see some famous 2nd generation people out there, carrying on with the family business:

- International Brotherhood of Teamsters – Jim Hoffa
- Perot Group and Hillwood – Ross Perot Jr.

Razgovory

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 15, 2020, 06:29:02 PM
QuoteTrump threatens to adjourn both chambers of Congress
:mellow: :Cromwell: :ph34r:

I didn't know that was in the Constitution.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Oexmelin

Que le grand cric me croque !

merithyn

Oex, will you take me with you? :(

I'm a good cook. :)